Velocity Reviews

-   -   70-218 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t657382-70-218-a.html)

Dan D 07-13-2003 11:45 PM

70-218

Paul, How was the 70-218 test? I am beginning to read the
book for it and working on my sever at home to learn.
Anything I should focus on etc.?

MrKill 07-14-2003 02:30 AM

70-218

I thought it was an Ok test as long as you know your
stuff. Its not easy, but if you know your stuff (DNS,
RRAS, DHCP etc...) you will do good. Its a long exam,
took me close to 2 hours to complete and pass.

Good luck!

mchappell 07-14-2003 12:22 PM

70-218

70-218 was the hardest exam I have taken to date (I have
70-216 next and I am not looking forward to it). 218 is
full of longwinded questions and answers. It took me 2
hours to complete and pass. I felt mentally exhausted
when I was finally done. But like MrKill stated, if you
know your stuff (Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, etc) you
will do fine.

Paul Maingault 07-14-2003 01:52 PM

70-218

Amen to that! This exam did have very longwinded
questions. I took it Saturday and passed. Took me about
1.5 hrs. Mine was probably half GPOs and a quarter DNS
and RAS and the rest was just a smattering of various
other things (IIS, printing, slipstreaming service packs).

Good luck on the 216. I understand it is a nightmare, but
don't know how it really compares to the 218. Of course,
one persons nightmare could be anothers dream. :-)

Dave 07-17-2003 02:54 AM

70-218

Hello,
I passed 70-216 just 3 days ago and 70-218 1 month ago.
To me, 218 was a piece of cake compared to 216.
Especially after taking and passing 210 and 215, you are
kind of fresh on most of the concepts that 218 covers. I
too would agree with MrKill. Just use as many resources
as you can get your hands on to study for 216.

Mike 07-19-2003 10:49 PM

70-218

that I used to study from was the Sybex and it was not
written very well, especially in the subneting area. I
would recommend that you bypass that chapter and either
find a good CCNA book to learn subnetting or go online and
do a search on subneting, there are a lot of good web
sites in this area such as:
http://www.ralphb.net/IPSubnet/index.html

Good luck

Mike