Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Recommendations for SQL 2000 Admin 70-228 textbook ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t657275-re-recommendations-for-sql-2000-admin-70-228-textbook.html)

vt 06-28-2003 11:29 PM

Re: Recommendations for SQL 2000 Admin 70-228 textbook ?

If you have no experience with SQL I would recommend you use an elective
that you do have experience with.

--
vt

A.N.Other 06-29-2003 10:49 AM

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:29:27 -0700, "vt" <email@email.com> wrote:

>If you have no experience with SQL I would recommend you use an elective
>that you do have experience with.

I could do 70-216, but I hear it's pretty difficult. I could also do
SMS 2.0, but I gather that it's quite an evil exam and it'll probably
expired a lot sooner than SQL. With SQL, I figured I could learn
something new, plus get a longer lasting qualification.

Our Man Abu 06-29-2003 12:41 PM

Re: Recommendations for SQL 2000 Admin 70-228 textbook ?

If
"vt" <email@email.com> wrote in message
> If you have no experience with SQL I would recommend you use an elective
> that you do have experience with.
>
> --

If there was ever a product where this is sound advice, SQL Server is it. I
remember some years back a colleague has passed serveral networking
certification exams and on his resume said that certifications in C++ and
SQL Server were "pending" when he had no experience with either. I told him
that I didn't know much about the MCSE side of the equation, but having had
my MCSD, I told him he needed a fair amount of hands on with these products
before he could consider certification. He never did get these certs.
Talking certification without wanting to make the sacrifice of at least
"getting your hands" dirty for a few months is a bad idea.

Consultant 06-30-2003 02:08 PM

Re: Recommendations for SQL 2000 Admin 70-228 textbook ?

how's aladin?