Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Recommendations for SQL 2000 Admin 70-228 textbook ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t657273-re-recommendations-for-sql-2000-admin-70-228-textbook.html)

Andy Foster 06-28-2003 09:45 PM

"A.N.Other" <fred@any.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking to complete my MCSA with SQL 2000 Admin as the elective.
> The thing is, I have precisely nil experience with SQL.
>
> I've just been laid off, so I'm looking to get the MCSA as soon as I
> can in the hope that will assist me in finding work again. As a
> result, I'm reluctant to buy the usual Microsoft phone book sized
> self-study manual, as this will take ages to wade through. Can someone
> suggest a good trainer for 70-228 that doesn't assume that you know
> the system already, but equally doesn't try to be a full-on reference
> manual as well?
>
> Thanks in advance!

So, you want to pass the exam without all the hassle of actually learning
the product ?
Think having SQL as an elective will help you land a job as a DBA ? With no
experience ?
Go to your room and think about what you've done, and don't come downstairs
until you're ready to apologise.

HTH

Andy

A.N.Other 06-29-2003 10:49 AM

Re: Recommendations for SQL 2000 Admin 70-228 textbook ?

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 22:45:05 +0100, "Andy Foster"
<Firstname@FirstnameLastname.com> wrote:

>So, you want to pass the exam without all the hassle of actually learning
>the product ?
>Think having SQL as an elective will help you land a job as a DBA ? With no
>experience ?
>Go to your room and think about what you've done, and don't come downstairs
>until you're ready to apologise.
>
>HTH
>
>Andy

Erm, excuse me??? If I wanted to cheat, I'd just go to a brain dump
site.

As you're doubtless aware, some manuals are good and some are a load
of rubbish. I still want a good one, and am prepared to commit to
studying SQL. All I'm trying to do is avoid getting one of those
manuals that goes into waaaaayyy too much detail because it's trying
too hard to be a full on reference manual at the same time.