Velocity Reviews

-   -   mcdst to mcsa (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t657144-mcdst-to-mcsa.html)

Priscilla Akeode 03-08-2008 09:48 PM

mcdst to mcsa

is this possible?

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.] 03-08-2008 10:08 PM

Re: mcdst to mcsa

"Priscilla Akeode" <priscyo@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> is this possible?

Although these are two very different certifications, you can use the
MCDST designation as an elective for the MCSA 2003. Understand, the MCSA
is not an upgrade from the MCDST.

Ricardo Parraga 03-15-2008 09:10 PM

Re: mcdst to mcsa

As Michael said both are to different certifications path.

What I'm doing is studying for the 70-621 MCITP: Enterprise Support
Technician. This is an upgrade for the MCDST.

More info.
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...t/default.mspx

Sam 03-15-2008 09:46 PM

Re: mcdst to mcsa

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 14:10:01 -0700, Ricardo Parraga
<RicardoParraga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>As Michael said both are to different certifications path.
>
>What I'm doing is studying for the 70-621 MCITP: Enterprise Support
>Technician. This is an upgrade for the MCDST.
>
>More info.
>http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...t/default.mspx

IIRC 70-621 also satisfies the client exam requirement for MCSA 2003
if you wish to pursue it.

Sam.