Velocity Reviews

-   -   70-270 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t657091-70-270-a.html)

Jo 12-17-2007 02:11 PM

70-270

Hello guys - it's been awhile, but am pushing forward towards the MCSA. Need
to know what resources anyone has used for passing the 70-270 test. Any
info. would be appreciated. Thanks.
--
Motochick

Jo 12-17-2007 02:16 PM

RE: 70-270

I mean "book resources".....needed to clear that up before someone jumped on
my back about brain dumps..that's not what I meant....what "books" did you
utilize for studying for the 70-270? Now..that sounds better...see it's been
awhile and I can't even compose anymore.
--
Motochick

TheITGirl 12-17-2007 04:39 PM

Re: 70-270

"Jo" <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I mean "book resources".....needed to clear that up before someone jumped
>on
> my back about brain dumps..that's not what I meant....what "books" did you
> utilize for studying for the 70-270? Now..that sounds better...see it's
> been
> awhile and I can't even compose anymore.
> --
> Motochick
>

> "Jo" wrote:
>
>> Hello guys - it's been awhile, but am pushing forward towards the MCSA.
>> Need
>> to know what resources anyone has used for passing the 70-270 test. Any
>> info. would be appreciated. Thanks.
>> --
>> Motochick

Hello Jo - it's good to have you back!

I recently passed the 70-270 with a score of just over 900. I used the
Microsoft Press Book and the Exam Cram book. I borrowed a CBT Nuggets CD
from a colleague, which in particular helped me to get to grips with the
different installation and upgrade methods.

There is some overlap between the 270 and the 271/272, but the questions
are, understandably, coming at you from the point of view of a network
administrator, rather than a desktop support technician.

I found the questions in the practice tests that came with the books
generally harder than the ones on the real thing. That said, a couple of
the questions in the tests were on rather obscure topics, but I was able to
make an educated guess at them.

I'm sure you'll do fine!

IT Girl MCDST

Tony 12-20-2007 06:03 PM

RE: 70-270

got a good CBT from silvertrain then went through some Q & A' s and
practiced alot, made myself very familiar with the OS. alot of the questions
where commonsense, must have worked i got 842