Velocity Reviews

-   -   How many questions in 70-271 & 70-272? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t656883-how-many-questions-in-70-271-and-70-272-a.html)

Elliot 05-22-2007 12:48 PM

How many questions in 70-271 & 70-272?

Is the passing score 700/1000?

Jo 05-22-2007 01:33 PM

RE: How many questions in 70-271 & 70-272?

Elliott:

Passing score is 700. I don't know what the highest score is for a perfect
100%.
--
Motochick

Elliot 05-22-2007 03:06 PM

Re: How many questions in 70-271 & 70-272?

Do you know the number of questions and the time limit for each exam?

John R 05-22-2007 03:35 PM

"Elliot" <elliot_barclay@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> Do you know the number of questions and the time limit for each exam?
>

> "Jo" <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Elliott:
>>
>> Passing score is 700. I don't know what the highest score is for a
>> perfect
>> 100%.
>> --
>> Motochick
>>

>> "Elliot" wrote:
>>
>>> Is the passing score 700/1000?

Microsoft documents that the passing score is 700, although the top score is
not published for any particular exam. As to the number of questions, that
is not published either. I would ask what you expect that information to do
for you? If you know ahead of time that there are three multiple guess
questions, or three hundred essay questions, how does that help you? You
should review the exam objectives published on Microsoft's website. If you
are comfortable with each and every objective, the number of questions, or
anything else about the test is really of no concern.

When you take the test, you will be asked (as we all were) to agree to the
Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). Some people take the NDA to mean discussing
specifics of the exam, ie # of questions, time limits, format of questions,
question content, etc.

None of that however, changes the fact that you are either ready for the
exam or you aren't. And knowing the number of questions does nothing to
change that. The only measure is "Do you know the objectives or don't you".

Good luck on your exams. However, if you are prepared, you won't need luck.

John R.

Elliot 05-22-2007 04:34 PM

Re: How many questions in 70-271 & 70-272?

Hey man, knowing the duration of exam and no. of questions is a part of
preperation.

Elliot 05-22-2007 05:05 PM

Re: How many questions in 70-271 & 70-272?

preparation

John R 05-22-2007 06:02 PM

Re: How many questions in 70-271 & 70-272?

"Elliot" <elliot_barclay@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hey man, knowing the duration of exam and no. of questions is a part of
> preperation.
>
> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Elliot" <elliot_barclay@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Do you know the number of questions and the time limit for each exam?
>>>

>>> "Jo" <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> Microsoft documents that the passing score is 700, although the top score
>> is not published for any particular exam. As to the number of questions,
>> that is not published either. I would ask what you expect that
>> information to do for you? If you know ahead of time that there are
>> three multiple guess questions, or three hundred essay questions, how
>> does that help you? You should review the exam objectives published on
>> Microsoft's website. If you are comfortable with each and every
>> objective, the number of questions, or anything else about the test is
>> really of no concern.
>>
>> When you take the test, you will be asked (as we all were) to agree to
>> the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). Some people take the NDA to mean
>> discussing specifics of the exam, ie # of questions, time limits, format
>> of questions, question content, etc.
>>
>> None of that however, changes the fact that you are either ready for the
>> exam or you aren't. And knowing the number of questions does nothing to
>> change that. The only measure is "Do you know the objectives or don't
>> you".
>>
>> Good luck on your exams. However, if you are prepared, you won't need
>> luck.
>>
>> John R.

I apologize if you found my reply insulting. It was not meant that way. I
was simply pointing out the obvious.

Let's say that I tell you that the exam will consist of three multiple
choice questions. Does that tell you what you need to know to pass the
test? It does not tell you what the questions will be about, so you still
have to study and be prepared for questions on any of the objectives,
therefore, you must in fact know each of the objectives. OK, let's say
there are four questions. Does that give you any more information? Let's
say there are 200 questions? Again, what does that tell you? If you are
prepared for the exam, it does not matter how many questions there are.
And, you will also be given the same amount of time to complete the exam as
every other candidate who has ever taken a test. If you are planning your
time, then you can call the testing center to find out how much time they
allot for that exam. For example, if they need to allow you three hours for
the entire procedure of registering, they will not allow you to schedule the
test one hour before they close.

Please explain how this information can provide you with anything more than
"At least I'll know", which again, does not help you prepare.

John R.

Elliot 05-22-2007 06:12 PM

Re: How many questions in 70-271 & 70-272?

No one would disagee what you have said that knowledge is the most
important. However, I would like to repeat, knowing the duration of exam and
no. of questions is a part of preparation. I think it is a common sense, at
least for me.

CBIC 05-22-2007 06:30 PM

> No one would disagee what you have said that knowledge is the most
> important. However, I would like to repeat, knowing the duration of exam
> and no. of questions is a part of preparation. I think it is a common
> sense, at least for me.

Personally, I don't think it is relevant either but I believe you can call
the test center to find out the duration. I believe number of questions is
protected by the NDA, but I could be wrong.

Jeff 05-22-2007 06:41 PM

Re: How many questions in 70-271 & 70-272?

I believe it is. Personally, I think that if you are worried about how many
questions there are then you are not ready. All you need to know is that you
get plenty of time to finish the exam.