Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Exams Required for MCSE (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t656715-re-exams-required-for-mcse.html)

Michael D. Alligood 03-17-2007 01:37 AM

Re: Exams Required for MCSE

I do not believe I am misguided. However if I were I guess I would not
know it anyway being misguided and all -- lol. Na´ve? I do not think I
am that either -- but again I could be suffering from my misguided
behavior! I also do not think I spoon feed these noobs. The one think I
preach day in and day out is RESEARCH. However, people may research
something and still come out with the wrong solution (e.g. the OP.) So
instead of offer them pseudo answers riddled in insults, I choose to
help. Again, there are some questions that are just tiresome -- how many
questions are on the exam, how much time do I have to take the exam,
etc. There are many times that I want to just say, DO IT REALLY
MATTER??? If you know your subject, know your objectives, it should not
matter how many questions are on the exam. But I rarely say that. And if
I do, it is in a non threatening way -- or better yet non insulting way.
I have a great sense of humor. And perhaps you guys are being funny.
Many times in posts and text, emotion does not convey. Just keep that in
mind -- all of you.

Catwalker made a great statement somewhere in this thread. She stated,
"You can't go from not knowing how to turn on your PC to running a
network in 6 months by studying for and obtaining MS certifications.
That's just crazy." There are very good posts like this throughout the
newsgroups by the MCNGP. But they are like diamonds in the rough -- very
hard to find. It takes more time to be polite than to be rude... All I
am asking is take a little more time. Have fun, just not at the
expensive of others who want to know, but have questions (however
stupid).

You asked me a question below, " You even quoted our web site. Do you
honestly believe from that quoted text that we're being serious?" Are
you? If the MCNGP's cause is to stomp out the braindumps, cheaters, and
actually build a better world for all of I.T., then I would beg you to
allow me to join the cause. "Do you honestly believe from that quoted
text that we're being serious?" You are proving it day in and day out
with your posts. What are we to think?

> I believe, however, that he'll eventually wind-up like the dozens of other Don
> Quixote's that come and go here through the years. It's a shame, really.
> His intentions are good, even if they are a bit mis-guided.

I have been here since the beginning, and I will be here till the end...
Now that is humor... or delusional... or madness...

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

Michael D. Alligood 03-17-2007 01:52 AM

Re: Exams Required for MCSE

> DO IT REALLY MATTER???

Lol. That was suppose to say DOES IT REALLY MATTER -- although I am from
the South.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

catwalker63 03-17-2007 06:36 AM

Re: Exams Required for MCSE

Michael D. Alligood piffled away vaguely:

<snip>

> You asked me a question below, " You even quoted our web site. Do you
> honestly believe from that quoted text that we're being serious?" Are
> you? If the MCNGP's cause is to stomp out the braindumps, cheaters, and
> actually build a better world for all of I.T., then I would beg you to
> allow me to join the cause. "Do you honestly believe from that quoted
> text that we're being serious?" You are proving it day in and day out
> with your posts. What are we to think?

<snip>

A little history: the MCNGP is a certification you cannot braindump.
You cannot get it by cheating. You have to know the requirements and no
one who is "certified" will ever tell you. The requirements are mostly
tongue-in-cheek. That's how it started and we haven't deviated from our
purpose or our methods and we're not likley to start now. This is tough
love in action.

Our methods are effective and they are appropriate for those who cheat,
advise cheating, or sell cheats. And I still maintain that the OP for
this thread was not insulted until he/she/it became insulting. The OPs
question was poorly formatted and so a couple replies were silly.
Day-in, day-out we have to answer questions like this from our user
base. When a supposed professional posts a question like this, they
deserve a little ribbing. You are welcome to behave and post in
whatever way seems right to you.
--

Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet