Velocity Reviews

-   -   271 Exam = MCP? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t656657-271-exam-mcp.html)

Need help on MCP certification test 03-01-2007 10:36 PM

271 Exam = MCP?

Good day:
It seems I saw a post that indicated that passing the 271 exam (only) will
qualify for the MCP designation. The fruit of my conversation with Microsoft
rejects that idea. Micro. says both 271 and 271 need to be taken and passed
for the MCP. Does anyone have more information on this subject? Bill

Angel 03-01-2007 10:41 PM

Re: 271 Exam = MCP?

Good Day Bill

Any Microsoft exam makes you MCP.... but some exams give you a title like to
be MCDST you have to pass 70-271 and 70-272 that makes you MCDST. but as
soon as you take one you already a MCP

Need help on MCP certification test 03-01-2007 11:01 PM

Re: 271 Exam = MCP?

Good day;

Are you certain that one needs both exams, do you say this from your own
experience? Who do you know that has "officially" received the MCP
designation from Microsoft having passed only exam 271. The MCP desk is
telling me that in this case one needs both 271 and 272. Bill

Angel 03-01-2007 11:10 PM

Re: 271 Exam = MCP?

yes I'm Certain heres information on it
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx

Michael D. Alligood 03-01-2007 11:55 PM

Re: 271 Exam = MCP?

Also check out http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-271.mspx; look
under Credits Toward Certification heading.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

Need help on MCP certification test 03-02-2007 01:07 AM

Re: 271 Exam = MCP?

Good day:

I checked out the web pages and agree that passing the 271 exam will qualify
for the MCP certiification. Thank you, Bill

dale 03-02-2007 01:30 PM

Re: 271 Exam = MCP?

certainly does qualify you as an mcp, passed 271 about 4 weeks ago and got
all my mcp goodies through yesturday!

dale