Velocity Reviews

-   -   271 Exam question-s (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t656642-271-exam-question-s.html)

Need help on MCP certification test 02-25-2007 07:52 PM

271 Exam question-s

Good day:

The CD that is included with the Press Book contains both Objective Test
questions and Practice Test questions. The Objective questions are easier
than the Practice questions. Setting aside the obvious that more preparation
is better than less preparation, I am wondering if anyone can address the
following concern.

If one is scoring say 90% on the Objective questions, and say 74% on the
Practice questions, is this level of scoring likely to be good enough to pass
the 271 Exam?
It seems to come down to the ratio of Objective type questions to Practice
type questions.

Does anyone have an insight to such a ratio? Is the ratio 50/50, or possibly
60/40?
Also, can one expect to see many of the same questions included on the
actual Exam that are in the Press Book and on the CD? What say you? Bill

Keith Chilton 02-25-2007 09:00 PM

Re: 271 Exam question-s

I think the test questions are a good resource to use so that you can know
topics that you "don't know yet" and any score you get on them really
doesn't matter. Anything you dont know about , you should study for! The
only score that matters is the one that you get when you take the "real
thing" Ya know? The objective tests are easier that's for certain. Taking
them is pointless if you are concerned about percentiles.

Oh and if i told you about if the questions were the same as they are on the
tests, I'd have to kill you. Actually I think that would be an NDA violation
I wouldn't have to kill you. haha Any test you take, whether it be Math or
whatever, you can count on there being material on it that you havent seen
before. It never fails. :) That's so everyone doesn't get a 100%. :)

John R 02-27-2007 01:12 AM

Re: 271 Exam question-s

The objective testa cover only the material that was actually presented in
the text. That is why they seem easier, because you just studied that
stuff. The Practice tests cover all the exam objectives. In general, if
you don't score well on the objectives test, go back and reread the book,
because the material to know that stuff is there. However, if you are
scoring well on the objective test, but not well on the practice test, that
is telling you that rereading the book won't help much, you must go
somewhere else for that information.

No single source, be it MSPRESS books, or Testout videos, or anything else
is going to prepare you 100% for the test. Even real-life experience will
leave some things lacking. However, if you combine multiple training paths,
you should be ok. In general, I found that once I could consistenly get
over 90% on the practice tests, I seemed to do ok on the test. I was using
MSPRESS books, Testout videos, and real life experience too.

One thing about practice tests of any kind. They are really only of value
(at least for me) the first few times you take them. After that, I found
myself wondering if I actually knew the material, or if I had memorized the
questions on the test. You would be suprised how many times I saw the same
questions on practice tests. There is still some value in the practice
tests once you start recognizing questions, in that you can read the
explanations and pick a few things up, but in general memorizing sample test
questions is not a good idea.

Only you will know when you are ready.

Good Luck to you.

John

Need help on MCP certification test 03-01-2007 04:04 AM

Re: 271 Exam question-s

Thank you, your post provides helpful information. Bill