Velocity Reviews

-   -   MeasureUp Practice Tests (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t656603-measureup-practice-tests.html)

Jo 02-09-2007 05:31 PM

MeasureUp Practice Tests

Hello All:

I plan on taking my 70-271 test on March 2nd. On the MeasureUp software
that came with the Press Book, there are two types of practice tests -
Objective Practice Tests and just Practice Tests. Now, I can score a 96% on
the Objective practice tests, but can only score a 71% on the other practice
tests. Does anyone know if the Objective practice tests are enough to pass
the REAL THING?

--
Motochick

Need help on MCP certification test 02-10-2007 12:39 AM

RE: MeasureUp Practice Tests

Good day:
This is a good question. The question concerns the subject of the exam in a
general sense, while not seeking to learn the content of any specific
question and/or answer. Bill

Michael D. Alligood 02-10-2007 04:08 AM

Re: MeasureUp Practice Tests

Jo I am trying to get a hold of the MeasureUP practice exams to see what
I think; per your email. I think I can get it tomorrow. I will test out
on it and see what I think.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

John R 02-10-2007 05:19 AM

Re: MeasureUp Practice Tests

The objectives tests measure your skills on things actually presented in the
material in the text. The practice tests measure your skills on presented
material and on some material that was not presented. In my opinion, the
practice tests are better. As to the question of how acurately they measure
the real exam, it is difficult to say. You should proceed from the
understanding that no single source is going to prepare you 100%. You
should combine the objective tests, practice tests, lab exercises, actual
experience, etc. Even if you look at the instructional classes, they say
that they only prepare you for certain exam objectives, but not all. And
some of what is covered is not covered in total and that you will need
additional work to be prepared.

I used the MSPRESS readiness review suite tests, and videos, and lots of on
the job experience, but in my case I think the experience was the greatest
asset. Trust me, you learn a lot more and remember it better when you
struggle through something trying to get it to work on the job. One of the
problems I have with the practice tests is that they are only of real
measuring value the first few times you use them, at least for me. After
that, I started to recognize questions and I found myself asking if I really
knew the material, or if I memorized the question.

Good luck.

John

Manuel Moore 02-10-2007 07:09 AM

Re: MeasureUp Practice Tests

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 09:31:01 -0800, Jo <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello All:
>
>I plan on taking my 70-271 test on March 2nd. On the MeasureUp software
>that came with the Press Book, there are two types of practice tests -
>Objective Practice Tests and just Practice Tests. Now, I can score a 96% on
>the Objective practice tests, but can only score a 71% on the other practice
>tests. Does anyone know if the Objective practice tests are enough to pass
>the REAL THING?

When I prepared for my exam I found the Objective Review to be quite
sufficent to prepare me for the exam, whereas the Practice exams where
to deep into detail and a good part of the questions just too much.
But the Practice Test are a good help to prepare though. It is like
when you have 70 percent in those I'd doubt that you fail in the real
eaxam.

Manuel