Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: XP lockout problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t656569-re-xp-lockout-problem.html)

Michael D. Alligood 01-31-2007 03:17 AM

Re: XP lockout problem

Yeah, I am a little confused as well. You said > My local admin account
is locked and for some reason i cant even get into the domain account
either. The utility, when booted, should allow you to unlock/change the
local password for any machine; including on joined to a domain.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

Keith Chilton 01-31-2007 04:25 AM

Re: XP lockout problem

The local administrator account is locked. The PC is joined to the domain
/active directory. I can not login to the domain account either for some
reason (the message doesn't say i'm locked out though). It says it can't
find the domain controller.

blah

When using that tool you directed me towards, it locks up halfway through
and just stops. I can't get the admin account unlocked.

Michael D. Alligood 01-31-2007 04:43 AM

Re: XP lockout problem

Does it lock up in the same place? If so, where? Also, per your issue
not being able to log on to the domain; have you checked the physical
layer? Meaning does your computer have physical access to the domain
controller? Have you checked out the NIC? The wiring? LED lights?

Keith Chilton 01-31-2007 04:52 AM

Re: XP lockout problem

ya i checked that out and the physical layer was fine. i'm working on this
tommorow morning first thing probably in the morning. i'll write down the
exact error message. i kind of did this at the end of the day today. real
great way to end the day

Michael D. Alligood 01-31-2007 05:11 AM

Re: XP lockout problem

Are you running Windows 2000 SP2 or higher on your DC? There was an
issue with pre-Windows 2000 SP2 server getting "bogged" down with
time-sensitive UDP LDAP requests. Client computers for the most part use
UDP LDAP pings to locate a DC. If your DC is under heavy load, the UDP
LDAP requests expire causing your issue. Service Pack 2 fixed this issue
with Windows 2000 Servers.

It is a long shot, but thought I would toss that out there.

Keith Chilton 01-31-2007 01:32 PM

Re: XP lockout problem

nope it's 2000 Server SP4

The message when you try to logon to the domain (using any domain account i
try) is

Windows cannot connect to the domain either because the domain controller is
down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account was not
found. Please try again later. If this message continues to appear contact
your System Administrator for assistance.

I am going to try a couple more things but I'm about to give up and just
hook the hard drive up as a slave to recover the data on it then start the
clean install.
--
Keith Chilton - Data Services Technician / Proof Operator
River Valley Financial Bank

Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730

messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Any opinions or advice
contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions in any
applicable client engagement letter or agreement.