Velocity Reviews

-   -   Address Bar history in IE (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t656517-address-bar-history-in-ie.html)

Keith Chilton 01-18-2007 02:48 AM

Address Bar history in IE

Where is the address bar history stored for IE stored in Windows? And i'm
NOT wanting

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\History

I'm wanting to know the address bar history information when you click the
down arrow. Is it possible (i'm sure it is) to delete individual entries in
the address bar history?

I liked the registry tweak to disable clearing this btw Michael. Great tip
and must have registry tweak!

--
Keith Chilton, MCP
Data Services Technician

messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
representative independent of this message.

Jonathan Roberts 01-18-2007 03:37 AM

Re: Address Bar history in IE

Keith Chilton wrote:
> Where is the address bar history stored for IE stored in Windows? And i'm
> NOT wanting
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\History
>
> I'm wanting to know the address bar history information when you click the
> down arrow. Is it possible (i'm sure it is) to delete individual entries in
> the address bar history?
>
> I liked the registry tweak to disable clearing this btw Michael. Great tip
> and must have registry tweak!

What have you been looking at? :)

This might help: http://www.tweakxp.com/article37093.aspx

Keith Chilton 01-18-2007 03:59 AM

Re: Address Bar history in IE

haha

Nothing it's just something I need to know. I have to know everything you
know. Btw, it looks like those are the addresses from what I'm seeing in the
registry but deleting them does not take them out of the IE address bar drop
down box.. Tried restarting the browser and windows .. still there.. hmmm
thanks though i'll keep looking .. i'm close though

Keith Chilton 01-18-2007 04:02 AM

Re: Address Bar history in IE

wait it worked never mind.. windows must have been messed up in my last
login... it worked never mind. thanks a lot!

when i rebooted windows it said my volume was "dirty" and did an immediate
checkdisk... hmm

Jonathan Roberts 01-18-2007 04:38 AM

Re: Address Bar history in IE

Keith Chilton wrote:
> when i rebooted windows it said my volume was "dirty" and did an immediate
> checkdisk... hmm

dirty, eh? I had a hunch you were visiting some suspect sites... j/k

Keith Chilton 01-20-2007 04:20 AM

Re: Address Bar history in IE

i like this feature a lot it's fun to torture end users with it lol