Velocity Reviews

-   -   Exam Insurance (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t656447-exam-insurance.html)

Marvin Watts 12-31-2006 08:48 AM

Exam Insurance

Does anyone know how much the Exam Insurance costs?

TurkReno 12-31-2006 08:56 AM

Re: Exam Insurance

"Marvin Watts" <marvinwatts@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:uBtRnhLLHHA.2140
@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

www.microsoftlearning.com

--
Lasher
MCNGP #50

Jonathan Roberts 12-31-2006 03:12 PM

Re: Exam Insurance

Marvin Watts wrote:
> Does anyone know how much the Exam Insurance costs?

www.getcertify4less.com has a VUE exam insurance voucher for Vue for 165
USD. I am guessing by your e-mail that you are in the US. Most of the
partners have it for 170.00. I bought mine from this company because
none of the listed providers for my state actually were selling the
program.

Jonathan

Mark Hatfield 01-02-2007 12:05 AM

Re: Exam Insurance

Q. How much does Exam Insurance cost?
A. Pricing for Exam Insurance varies by region. Please contact a
participating Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions for
details.

There is no set price. Apparently the company selling the exam insurance
has some discretion in setting the price.

Mark

Mark Hatfield 01-02-2007 12:05 AM

Re: Exam Insurance

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...q/default.mspx

Mark

Jonathan Roberts 01-02-2007 12:43 AM

Re: Exam Insurance

Mark Hatfield wrote:
> There is no set price. Apparently the company selling the exam insurance
> has some discretion in setting the price.

Yes, that's right. It seems many in the US are selling it for 170.00.

Jonathan Roberts 01-02-2007 12:57 AM

Re: Exam Insurance

Marvin Watts wrote:
> Does anyone know how much the Exam Insurance costs?

I also wanted to point out that you can buy the insurance from an out of
state provider if necessary (if in the US, not sure on other countries).
It seems the voucher can be used anywhere in the US, regardless of
where you purchased it.

Michael D. Alligood 01-02-2007 01:05 AM

Re: Exam Insurance

Jonathan, is there a benefit to that?

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

Jonathan Roberts 01-02-2007 01:31 AM

Re: Exam Insurance

Michael D. Alligood wrote:
> Jonathan, is there a benefit to that?
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor
>

> "Jonathan Roberts" <gremln007@diynics.com> wrote in message
>
>> Marvin Watts wrote:
>> > Does anyone know how much the Exam Insurance costs?
>> >

>> I also wanted to point out that you can buy the insurance from an out of
>> state provider if necessary (if in the US, not sure on other countries).
>> It seems the voucher can be used anywhere in the US, regardless of
>> where you purchased it.

Only if your in-state providers don't exist or are unhelpful. I am in
Louisiana. At the time I was hunting this down, there were 2 providers.
One is actually not participating (not sure why they are listed) and
the other doesn't return messages or e-mails. There is a third choice
now which I didn't explore. It could be a Louisiana thing. We
specialize in being dysfunctional. Just wanted to point this out in
case anyone thought they were unable to buy the insurance for similar
reasons.

TurkReno 01-03-2007 09:14 AM

Re: Exam Insurance

> Subject: Re: Exam Insurance
> From: Jonathan Roberts <gremln007@diynics.com>
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcdst
>
> Mark Hatfield wrote:
>> There is no set price. Apparently the company selling the exam
>> insurance has some discretion in setting the price.

> Yes, that's right. It seems many in the US are selling it for 170.00.

The original question, please, was what was Microsoft selling it for.

--
Lasher
MCNGP #50