Velocity Reviews

-   -   Internet Explorer - "Days to Keep Pages in History" setting (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t656429-internet-explorer-days-to-keep-pages-in-history-setting.html)

Sir Berus 12-26-2006 11:23 PM

Internet Explorer - "Days to Keep Pages in History" setting

In studying for the 70-272 exam, as well as the 271 exam, I've run into a
setting that seems to come up frequently in the texts I am reading. The
"Days to Keep Pages in History" setting, as explained, is supposed to denote
the number of days IE will keep visited pages in the History folder as well
as the number of days to keep the URLs of those pages in teh Address bar.
Setting the number of days to zero (0) is supposed to completely disable the
History feature.

Seems simple enough, except for the fact that it doesn't seem to be correct.
When I set the number to Zero, I still see URLs in both places, even after
clearing the history, restarting IE and Windows, etc... I have not tested
the number of days for anything else (like 2, or 3, or 7, etc...), so I don't
know if they work as advertised or not.

I have seen this particular question come up in many of the books (MSPress,
ExamCram, and others) that I have read, and they all say that a setting of
zero disables History. I guess for the exam it is worth remembering the
'book' answer, but in the real world... this doesn't work as advertised.

Does anyone have any info that could shed some light on this for me?