Velocity Reviews

-   -   XP PRO on domain question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t656403-xp-pro-on-domain-question.html)

Keith Chilton 12-19-2006 03:15 AM

XP PRO on domain question

Can anybody help me with a problem I deal with on a regular basis at work?
The problem has to do with XP Prof machines joined to a Win2k server Active
Directory domain. The PC is joined to the domain for what seems quite a
while and then all of a sudden one day the PC just creates another user
account with the domain appended to it. under C:/Documents and Settings

For example just had this happen the other day. I have a domain user account
named FIP that has the password saved so they don't have to change it ( i
know not safe but there is a certificate issue on the side and keeping the
same password keeps the certificate working)

Anyways

The PC has worked for a long time, it's user account under Documents and
Settings was listed as
FIP
The other day the PC decides to make a new user account called
FIP.RVFBANK
with nothing in it of course and now everytime the user logs into the PC it
uses the settings and documents contained within FIP.RVFBANK instead of the
FIP account like it had forever before this happened.

Any thoughts? It's really irritating and plagued me for awhile. I'd like to
figure it out and make it so that doesn't happen anymore.

messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
representative independent of this message.

Keith Chilton 12-19-2006 04:41 AM

Re: XP PRO on domain question

by the way RVFBANK is the name of our domain

Michael D. Alligood 12-19-2006 06:13 AM

Re: XP PRO on domain question

Keith, I hope this will clear up your questions and resolve you issue.
http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com...vironment.html

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

Keith Chilton 12-19-2006 10:32 PM

Re: XP PRO on domain question

you are good! Thanks again Maybe it will be a merry christmas! ;)

Michael D. Alligood 12-19-2006 10:35 PM

Re: XP PRO on domain question

Always here to help you! Good Luck!

--