Velocity Reviews

-   -   Michael Alligood (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t656384-michael-alligood.html)

Keith Chilton 12-14-2006 01:47 PM

Michael Alligood

I've got a question for you about Office. If you have a word document that
looks sort of like below. The first page is a table of contents page with
page numbers
off to the right. (2,3,5,10) The pages are separated by dashes. If content
is added to the pages though, the table of contents page numbers are wrong.
It would be nice to know an easy method to keep these page numbers correctly
numbered as content is added to pages of the document. Any suggestions? I
tried looking and Indexes and Tables under the Insert Menu. (word 2000) but
it seemed rather complex, along with the help topics. Have you ever faced
this before? If so could you help? I know you are good with Office, if it is
a big deal and takes too much time, dont worry about it.
Board Report
I. Our Goals ......................2
II. Objectives .....................3
III. Trustees .......................5
IV. Getting to know us........10
Our Goals
We have many goals here at this company. Diversity and economics play a
key role in them.
I'm just typing here to fill space!
Objectives
Aren't objectives the same as goals? Probably so. This is a stupid
page to have.
I agree. Quite a stupid page!

messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
representative independent of this message.

Keith Chilton 12-14-2006 03:24 PM

Re: Michael Alligood

its just text it's not really a table

Michael D. Alligood 12-15-2006 12:10 AM

Re: Michael Alligood

Keith, I am guessing that you are using word 2000 since it was
mentioned in your post. You can create a "dynamic" TOC by using the
built in styles. Here is a link that I have used before to help explain
what needs to happen. I prefer this link because it has screen shots.
Let me know if you need more assistance!
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=217

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

Keith Chilton 12-16-2006 12:02 AM

Re: Michael Alligood

Thank you by the way. Have yet to check it out but am going to tonight.

Keith Chilton 12-16-2006 08:31 PM

Re: Michael Alligood

What a great link! Thanks a lot. I did it!!!

Michael D. Alligood 12-16-2006 09:46 PM

Re: Michael Alligood

I hold on to these things for a reason. I am glad it helped you.

Keith Chilton 12-16-2006 10:39 PM

Re: Michael Alligood

Many people at work will be rejoicing over this! Especially human resources!

Michael D. Alligood 12-17-2006 02:50 AM

Re: Michael Alligood

It's the simple things in life that bring the best joys.

Keith Chilton 12-17-2006 03:05 AM

Re: Michael Alligood

this makes me want to pursue getting certified in microsoft office again!
LOL