Velocity Reviews

-   -   The test is over! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t656354-the-test-is-over.html)

Keith Chilton 12-04-2006 11:57 PM

The test is over!

I got a 754 which passes (barely 700 is minimum) LOL I realized as I was
taking
it that I studied too many specific details and memorizing those. If the
test were very
specific in nature I would have gotten like a 950 LOL There were some areas
I wasn't confident in and of course those areas were exploited that had to
keep
asking me over and over again LOL I remember one subject was like brought up
5 times.
I was cursing LOL

Anyways I passed and I know how MS test look now and how they ask their
questions. Hopefully, I'll score higher on the 271 test :) I'm relieved it's
over with.

The results were broken into sections and 3 out of the 5 were very strong
for me.
I got a 100% in Configuring Application Security. Woohoo that is good since
I work at a bank. LOL
I'm allowed to say that right? Usability and Application Customization were
very high for me too.
I must say there were definitely topics on the test that were NOT in the
book. I know I never read
about those. Then again, what test would go directly by the book?

messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
representative independent of this message.

Michael D. Alligood 12-05-2006 12:11 AM

Re: The test is over!

Congratulations on your success. As far as your score goes, do not worry
about it. There is no such thing as "barely" passing; you either did or
not. And you did! So enjoy.

Besides, did I not say that you would pass??? :-)

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Keith Chilton" <kchilton27REMOVETHIS@alumni.purdue.edu> wrote in
message news:#33WFAAGHHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

Jonathan Roberts 12-05-2006 12:18 AM

Re: The test is over!

Keith Chilton wrote:
> I got a 754 which passes (barely 700 is minimum) LOL I realized as I was
> taking
> it that I studied too many specific details and memorizing those. If the
> test were very
> specific in nature I would have gotten like a 950 LOL There were some areas
> I wasn't confident in and of course those areas were exploited that had to
> keep
> asking me over and over again LOL I remember one subject was like brought up
> 5 times.
> I was cursing LOL
>
> Anyways I passed and I know how MS test look now and how they ask their
> questions. Hopefully, I'll score higher on the 271 test :) I'm relieved it's
> over with.
>
> The results were broken into sections and 3 out of the 5 were very strong
> for me.
> I got a 100% in Configuring Application Security. Woohoo that is good since
> I work at a bank. LOL
> I'm allowed to say that right? Usability and Application Customization were
> very high for me too.
> I must say there were definitely topics on the test that were NOT in the
> book. I know I never read
> about those. Then again, what test would go directly by the book?

Congrats! We all knew you would pass. Glad to hear you got it knocked out.

Jonathan

Keith Chilton 12-05-2006 12:58 AM

Re: The test is over!

I looked up the one annoying topic that came up on the test over and over
already and learned about it. I should have saw that coming. Dang! LoL Just
looked at the book for the 271 test... Pretty big! LoL I saw some
interesting topics in the table of contents I will probably be learning
about in it. I am going to probably take a small break from it all though so
I can get some christmas shopping done though and get back into working out.
haha I like to run, bench press and pushups and I've been ignoring that
aspect in my life and it's killing me! LOL

Thanks for the support!!!

Keith Chilton 12-05-2006 01:00 AM

Re: The test is over!

Hey what is the perfect score anyways? 1000?

Keith Chilton 12-05-2006 03:43 AM

Re: The test is over!

LOL

gary_t 12-05-2006 12:45 PM

Re: The test is over!

Keith Chilton;7001497 Wrote:
> LOL
>
> "unspeakable" <none@nonyabidenss.com> wrote in message
> > They say if you got a 701, you studied too hard...
> >

> > "Michael D. Alligood" <mdalligood@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

well done keith, im just starting out on the road you have already
travelled
how long have you been studying ?

--
gary_t

Keith Chilton 12-06-2006 02:43 AM

Re: The test is over!

I bought the book back in the middle of October. Read the thing all the way
through. Then I scheduled the test I think 2 weeks before Thanksgiving.
Since then I've been studying. But this last week I really studied the most.
Every waking hour during the weekend and every hour after work. Forgoing my
excercising and eating healthy. LoL Several bags of chips were downed. It's
amazing how fast time flys when a test is coming upon you! The hours seem to
roll by and you feel like you are accomplishing nothing with what you are
doing. Definitely read more than the MS press book has to offer. Do it's
practice test and REVIEW the correct answers for it. This was still not
enough for the test though, but I guess it was enough because I passed.
Something was enough. My problem solving ability or something because I
passed. But not with flying colors. I recommend going through every program
built into Windows and making sure you can handle each one if a user called
you on the phone about them. After all your a MSDST after you get these! I
think I studied way too much specific details in all the programs, when I
should have focused more on fundamentals. Hope this helped some. I can't get
too specific obviously

Keith Chilton 12-06-2006 02:50 AM

Re: The test is over!

Oh keep in mind I've been help desk support for a company with just under
100 employees for 3 years too so I have some experience with all this as
well.

gary_t 12-06-2006 09:00 AM

Re: The test is over!

Keith Chilton;7006250 Wrote:
> Oh keep in mind I've been help desk support for a company with just
> under
> 100 employees for 3 years too so I have some experience with all this
> as
> well.
>
> "gary_t" <gary_t.2iclyb@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote in
> message
> >
> > Keith Chilton;7001497 Wrote:
> >
> > well done keith, im just starting out on the road you have already
> > travelled
> > how long have you been studying ?
> >

> > --
> > gary_t

many thanks keith for your comments. i have been working with windows
o/s for years now but never did anything to get qualified. now i
believe is the time. bit daunting but i cant wait to get started . well
pleased you passed tho

--
gary_t