Velocity Reviews

-   -   Comparing 70-271 and 70-272 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t656059-comparing-70-271-and-70-272-a.html)

XP Amateur 04-22-2006 11:46 AM

Comparing 70-271 and 70-272

There seems to be a general view on these boards that 70-272 is the easier of
the two exams, I wondered what makes people say that? I'm less confident
about passing 70-272 so I'm interested in your thoughts.

Also is there a lot of overlap between the two in the exam? There is a lot
of overlap in the Microsoft Press books but not in the exam objectives. I've
set myself a tight deadline to sit the exam so I don't want to waste time
going over my study notes from 70-271 again if they aren't going to be
relevant.

barney boy 04-22-2006 02:13 PM

RE: Comparing 70-271 and 70-272

having just sat both exams i found that the overlap was about 20% so it pays
to read your previous notes, i found 272 easier because i use word outlook
and ie6 on a daily basis as do most people but dont set group policies or
ntfs permissions very often so had to study harder for 271
--
Barney

Always looking for help in order to help others.

Fortunecookie 04-25-2006 03:23 PM

Re: Comparing 70-271 and 70-272

Hi, Barney Brainy Boy,

It is great to hear you have passed both exams as I am sitting my 70272
very soon & is just starting to study 70 271. I would like to ask for
your advice regarding the practice tests. I am testing my skills on the
bundle crambook 70272 & 70271 plus the official course 70 272
microsoft review suite cd questions.

Can anyone tell me whether the cram book questions any where near the
real exam questions or the microsoft review suite test questions are
inline with the real 70 272 exam questions. I did the certquest plus
the free test which mentioned earlier by the group.

Someone told me about the transcender questions but they are very
expensive. Altikiller questions? are they cheaper?? costs how much>>???
I cant afford much after spending on the cram bundles.

It would be great if I get some hints on the questions topics..much
appreciated.Clock is really ticking..so much to learn...

Regards

Jane

barney boy 04-26-2006 07:00 AM

Re: Comparing 70-271 and 70-272

Jane the questions are similar to the test questions that you have been
doing, it's very difficult to give you guidlines on the type of questions
that you will get as they take them from a pool of some 2500 and they can be
either scenario based or straight multiple choice. for the 272 make sure you
are up to speed on outlook express, outlook word and ie6 and for the 271 look
for your ip configuration, installation procedures , well you need to kinda
know the book inside out really. if i can be of any help just ask. obviously
i can't let you know any of the questions that i had but keep reading and
writing the info down, believe me you will take it in.

good luck

Barney