Velocity Reviews

-   -   And yet another question... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t656019-and-yet-another-question.html)

Wolfgang from Austria (Europe) 03-14-2006 08:29 AM

And yet another question...

.... sorry I didn't specify the test which the previous question is related
to: is 271?

Whats the difference betwee 271 and 272 ?

VeenaV 03-14-2006 02:15 PM

RE: And yet another question...

Hiya,
I've just done both the courses mentioned below. They are both aboth the XP
environment, but one has more printer, oulook and internet issues, whereas
271 focuses on supporting the user in the XP environment - covering pretty
much everything (touching on printers/internet)

The exams are 50 multi-choice questions, but I do not know how long these
will take.

I hope this is of some use,

Regards,

Vee

Andy Ruth [MSFT] 03-14-2006 03:14 PM

Re: And yet another question...

Hi Wolfgang.
Exam 271 covers troubleshooting the Windows XP desktop operation system.
Exam 272 covers troubleshooting the applications that run on top of the
desktop. With both exams, we designed the certification to cover desktops
that are in a corporate environment as well as for the home user.

You need to know about the Windows Server domain impact on the desktop
(group policy and how it impacts the local desktop; what the user
experiences) for that corporate environment, but you also need to know about
the home user that operates in a workgroup envirnment and may use fast user
switching as opposed to the traditional Ctl-Alt-Del username and password to
log on. You also need to know (by end user description) simple things like
whether the Control Panel is in the traditional or new view, and more
complex things like how the web browser is may be impacted inside of a
corporation as opposed to configured for home use, how security settings on
files can be set, etc.

Most of the specifics are covered in the exam guides on our public web site,
but I may not have done a good job describing what the objectives for each
exam and each environment are.
HTHs,

Andy Ruth
Microsoft Learning

rights.

VeenaV 03-14-2006 05:18 PM

Re: And yet another question...

Are there any test exams available for both these 271 abd 272 courses?

Andy Ruth [MSFT] 03-14-2006 08:41 PM

Re: And yet another question...

In the courses there are questions, but not a full-blown practice exams.
However, if you go to www.microsoft.com/learning and look up each of these
exams, there is a link to the two practice test vendors we work with.

Andy Ruth
Microsoft Learning

rights.

Lasher 03-15-2006 01:58 AM

Re: And yet another question...

=?Utf-8?B?V29sZmdhbmcgZnJvbSBBdXN0cmlhIChFdXJvcGUp?=
<WolfgangfromAustriaEurope@discussions.microsoft.c om> wrote in

> ... sorry I didn't specify the test which the previous question is
> related to: is 271?
>
> Whats the difference betwee 271 and 272 ?

If you're asking these questions, then you need to go to
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst and find out.

--
Lasher
MCNGP 110010

Lasher 03-15-2006 01:12 PM

Re: And yet another question...

"Bigus Diİkus" <BigusDiİkus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:e6RVM9$RGHA.5108
@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

> <shaking head> And they're the future of IT?!

Apparently to Mark, everything is the future of IT.

--
Lasher
MCNGP 110010

Lasher 03-15-2006 11:33 PM

Re: And yet another question...

"Bigus Diİkus" <BigusDiİkus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:uCrE3wDSGHA.5468
@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

> **Lasher's** the one who fcukin said it
> <<-------------------------------->>
>> "Bigus Diİkus" <BigusDiİkus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:e6RVM9$RGHA.5108
>> @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
>>
>>> <shaking head> And they're the future of IT?!

>> Apparently to Mark, everything is the future of IT.
>>

> Well, we need to sit down and have a "talk" with Mark then.
>

> You want the switch? ... Or tha router?

Router please.

--
Lasher
MCNGP 110010

The Rev [MCT] 03-16-2006 03:33 PM

Re: And yet another question...

Microsoft also has free assesments (not practice tests but still pretty
good) located at http://assessment.learning.microsoft.com/test/home.asp
(Passport Account required)

Or if you want SelfTest Software and MeasureUP are both pretty good. I have
a discount code for MeasureUP if you want one. Otherwise SelfTest is a great
solution as well.

--
..rev.mct.mcngp.44

accepting it.
~Aristotle
..

Lasher 03-18-2006 03:46 AM

Re: And yet another question...

"Bigus Diİkus" <BigusDiİkus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:O6H6yJgSGHA.2300
@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

> << While I was at work, Lasher spurted out:
>> "Bigus Diİkus" <BigusDiİkus@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:uCrE3wDSGHA.5468
>> @TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:
>>
>>> **Lasher's** the one who fcukin said it

>>> Well, we need to sit down and have a "talk" with Mark then.
>>>

>>> You want the switch? ... Or tha router?
>>>

>> Router please.
>>

> Damb...why do *I* always get stuck with the switch?

Because my grandmother put the fear of God into me with switches.

--
Lasher
MCNGP 110010