Velocity Reviews

-   -   clinic 2263 - wording ? Which is right ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t655915-clinic-2263-wording-which-is-right.html)

- Bobb - 12-11-2005 08:53 PM

clinic 2263 - wording ? Which is right ?

I just downloaded the clinic and when I get to this section:

Preparing to Install or Upgrade to Windows XP (Problem 3)
It states:

"Instruct the user to run the File Settings and Transfer Wizard on the Windows 98 computer. This will copy all the files specified
and all the applications settings that the user has specified to a shared folder on a server. He can then run the File Settings and
Transfer Wizard on the Windows XP computer.

The user must first run the wizard on the Windows XP computer. This will create a Transfer Wizard disk which will allow the user to
run the wizard on the Windows 98 computer."

Huh ? Is that reversed ?

Should it be run on the Win98 Pc first OR the XP box first (to create the disk) ?

Bobb

Taylor 12-12-2005 12:09 AM

Re: clinic 2263 - wording ? Which is right ?

98 Computer first, it will install the FSTW into 98 and then create a
disk to transfer to Win XP.

Don't get hung up on questions that are this difficult right now, move
on and keep studying.

Taylor
--
MCP, MCDST

Taylor 12-12-2005 12:15 AM

Re: clinic 2263 - wording ? Which is right ?

Rather than a disk in this situation, a share on a server.

Taylor
--
MCP, MCDST

sarath 12-12-2005 01:31 AM

RE: clinic 2263 - wording ? Which is right ?

There is nothing wrong with explains. Answer is here. Check it out.

"The user must first run the wizard on the Windows XP computer. This will
create a Transfer Wizard disk which will allow the user to
run the wizard on the Windows 98 computer."

Wizard must have to run first 98 and after that XP. However, creating a
wizard disk is another operation..

Sarath
--
MCP, MCDST
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray.

beb 12-12-2005 03:47 AM

Re: clinic 2263 - wording ? Which is right ?

98 doesn't have a transfer wizard. The wizard must be first ran on the xp
machine.

Taylor 12-13-2005 05:14 AM

Re: clinic 2263 - wording ? Which is right ?

It's run off the Windows XP CD.

Hand. Talk to it.

Taylor
--