Velocity Reviews

-   -   Just Passed 2nd MCDST Exam...Dumb Resume Question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t655906-just-passed-2nd-mcdst-exam-dumb-resume-question.html)

Bob Gruett 12-04-2005 04:30 AM

Just Passed 2nd MCDST Exam...Dumb Resume Question

Okay, so about a month ago I finally took the 70-271 exam and passed.
Yesterday I took the 70-272 and passed. Which leads me to a rather dumb
question:

Since Microsoft considered anyone who passes any of their exams on anything
to be an MCP, should I put both MCP and MCDST on my resume, or would that
just come off as inappropriate, like I'm gunning for extra points by padding
my resume with info that goes without saying (granted, not all IT managers
would be aware of this, but I'd hope most are)?

On a side note, while I scored pretty well on the first exam, I scored much
better on the second, mainly, I think, due to the fact that the exams seem
to overlap on their content.

Thanks!

Taylor 12-04-2005 04:55 AM

Re: Just Passed 2nd MCDST Exam...Dumb Resume Question

Put them both, it looks better. Realize that you did just get another
certification and nothing is inappropriate about advertising the fact
that you have more than just your MCP.

Also, if you feel that your score was an extremely high score, include
the actual test score that you got when you completed the exam. It
works.

Taylor
--
MCP, MCDST

Bob Gruett 12-04-2005 05:14 AM

Re: Just Passed 2nd MCDST Exam...Dumb Resume Question

Hmmm...to be honest, I didn't really consider putting the scores up, but I
suppose it might help. 70-721 was an 833 (not low, not high, but right in
the middle), but the 70-272 was 972, so that'll look nice...

Thanks,
Bob

news:1133672101.036246.239170@g47g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...

Bob Gruett 12-04-2005 05:22 AM

Re: Just Passed 2nd MCDST Exam...Dumb Resume Question

Oops, just realized I mistyped those exam numbers...obviously they should
have been the 70-271 and 70-272 exams...

Taylor 12-05-2005 02:45 AM

Re: Just Passed 2nd MCDST Exam...Dumb Resume Question

Use it. Like I said, it's only to your advantage.

Taylor
--
MCP, MCDST