Velocity Reviews

-   -   test king (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t655861-test-king.html)

rask 11-03-2005 06:27 PM

test king

hello,

why they say test king is cheating? i went to the site and they offer review
for exam.
is it like measure up?

thanks

MitchS 11-03-2005 07:08 PM

Re: test king

"rask" <rask@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> why they say test king is cheating? i went to the site and they offer
> review
> for exam.
> is it like measure up?

TK is cheating becuse the q&a are almost if not completely identical to the
actual exam. MeasureUp is not like that as far as I know.

--
Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
Winnner plays, loser stays. Everyone's a winne - well, not everyone."

rask 11-03-2005 08:00 PM

Re: test king

why does microsoft allow this scam? if its true.
they should be closed or something. i thought microsoft has a big database
of questions.

rask 11-03-2005 08:06 PM

Re: test king

i tried measure up but the questions seem to be the same after you take
another test. but i think it just give you the principle of how it works and
make you understand... i hope im right :)

MitchS 11-03-2005 08:26 PM

Re: test king

> why does microsoft allow this scam? if its true.
> they should be closed or something. i thought microsoft has a big database
> of questions.

We've wondered the same thing ourselves.

T-Bone 11-03-2005 08:33 PM

Re: test king

"rask" <rask@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> why does microsoft allow this scam? if its true.

There was a discussion on this in another thread. They aren't exactly
allowing it. The problem is that some countries (China, India, Korea) would
rather take money from criminals than enforce the law.

> they should be closed or something. i thought microsoft has a big database
> of questions.

Given the amount of time required to create questions, the database is
somewhat limited. MS is changing to simulation questions though and
hopefully that will help to thwart the cheaters.
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

T-Bone 11-03-2005 08:35 PM

Re: test king

"rask" <rask@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>i tried measure up but the questions seem to be the same after you take
> another test. but i think it just give you the principle of how it works
> and
> make you understand... i hope im right :)

You somehow expect a company that makes money helping people cheat would
give you useful or even correct information?
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

rask 11-03-2005 09:36 PM

Re: test king

if im reviewing with measureup is that not cheating? i just want to be legit.
im working here in europe maybe they will give me a legit exam without
cheating.
i want it that way coz i want to be proud of what i achieved. I got a
license in electornics engineering but i really studied very hard to get it.
when i passed i shouted with joy and bought a pack of beer. i know the feeling

Yoda 11-03-2005 10:23 PM

Re: test king

> if im reviewing with measureup is that not cheating?

This is a good indication to me that MS is OK with Measure Up. Read the
descriptions and see for your self.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...cticetests.asp

http://www.measureup.com/Cart/Displa...osoft&crttrk=1

--
Yoda
Winnner plays, loser stays. Everyone's a winne - well, not everyone."

Taylor 11-04-2005 06:12 AM

Re: test king

I'm just going to re-iterate what I've already said:

TestKing is very similar to the exam, enough so to be cheating.

As far as how MS updates their tests...if you research it enough on how
often people like TestKing updates their website, MS most likely
changes their questions every 1 to 4 months in hopes that people aren't
using braindump questions and actually studying for what skills an
employer would need in an effective employee.

Taylor