Velocity Reviews

-   -   MCP Welcome Kit - How Long? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t655728-mcp-welcome-kit-how-long.html)

Scott 08-03-2005 07:37 PM

MCP Welcome Kit - How Long?

I passed exam 70-271 on 7/18/05. A few days later I was notified by Microsoft
via email to confirm my mailing address - did that. As you can see by the
dates it has been nearly three weeks from the date I passed the exam, yet I
have not received my MCP Welcome Kit. It's not like they have to send the
Welcome Kit to a remote region in Afghanistan.
Anyway can anyone tell me approximately how long does it take to receive a
MCP Welcome Kit ?

Thank You

Nick 08-03-2005 08:50 PM

RE: MCP Welcome Kit - How Long?

My MCP kit came pretty quickly after my score was registered, my MCDST kit
took quite a while longer.

Give it a few weeks

Methos 08-04-2005 02:12 AM

RE: MCP Welcome Kit - How Long?

You did log in to the MCP site and click "Order Welcome Kit" right?
I only did this myself on Monday this week. So I guess I'll be waiting a bit
too.

Got my 70-271 exam this Thursday coming, cant wait to have it completed )

Shawn Dafoe 08-04-2005 02:32 AM

Re: MCP Welcome Kit - How Long?

4-6 weeks for your MCP Welcome Kit.

I had to laugh when the return address on the MCP Welcome Kit box was to
Microsoft in Singapore, however, the postage was marked from zip code 30297
(Forest Park, GA). Go figure that one out.

Bronz 08-04-2005 11:26 AM

Re: MCP Welcome Kit - How Long?

Can anyone tell me what's in the MCP Welcome Kit?
I can't wait.

Emanuel Ceciu 08-04-2005 11:40 AM

Re: MCP Welcome Kit - How Long?

MCP logo, certificate, transcript, wallet card, and lapel pin to identify
you as an MCP to colleagues and clients

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/benefits.asp

--
Emanuel Ceciu
http://www.ceciu.ro

Ruth 08-08-2005 02:44 PM

RE: MCP Welcome Kit - How Long?

I passed the 70-271 on July 21 and haven't heard from anyone. Not even
Microsoft to verify my address. Any suggestions?

Bronz 08-08-2005 10:25 PM

RE: MCP Welcome Kit - How Long?

When you pass the test, you should receive an email with your Microsoft MCP
ID and Access Code. Did you receive that? check your junk box. If not,
contact the nearest support centre and sort this out. I did and it turned
that my old e-mail address was still registered. They fixed it for me. Now
the waiting starts.