Velocity Reviews

-   -   the error code is 2738...???? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t655615-the-error-code-is-2738-a.html)

Mario 05-09-2005 11:10 PM

the error code is 2738...????

I've tried to instal Microsoft Press Readiness 70-272 suite, but I have all
the time the same problem.
There is no proble with cd, because I've chceck 2 different.
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this
package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is
2738"
Does anybody have any idea how resolve that problem???
Thx guys

Steve Wicker 05-10-2005 06:06 AM

Re: the error code is 2738...????

2738: Could not access VBScript run time for custom action

This is an internal error and does not have authored strings, but this can
occur if the installation package has been incorrectly authored.

Steve Wicker 05-10-2005 06:10 AM

Re: the error code is 2738...????

Try downloading a VBscript program from Microsoft.com (search "VBscript.")
This should resolve the problem :0)

Mario 05-10-2005 03:45 PM

RE: the error code is 2738...????

Thanks Steve. "IT" helped.
Best regards
MArio

radioman 09-17-2006 09:27 PM

Re: the error code is 2738...????

Mario wrote:
> *Thanks Steve. "IT" helped.
> Best regards
> MArio
> "Mario" wrote:
>
> > I've tried to instal Microsoft Press Readiness 70-272 suite, but I

> have all
> > the time the same problem.
> > There is no proble with cd, because I've chceck 2 different.
> > The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this
> > package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error

> code is
> > 2738"
> > Does anybody have any idea how resolve that problem???
> > Thx guys *

installing the VBSCRIPT worked for me. I had the problem with itunes
and the 2738 ERROR... UP AND RUNNING!!!

--
radioman

hussein 09-19-2006 03:24 PM

Re: the error code is 2738...????

This issue may occur if the array controller uses more than one data page,
or unique serial number, to identify an array.

The VDS 1.1 architecture supports only one unique serial number (page code
0x80h) in ASCII for array logical unit numbers (LUNs). VDS 1.1 compares this
serial number with the Windows system level core I/O that is buffered in
page 80. VPD pages 0x80 and 0x83 represent unique identification data for
the array LUNs. If a SAN implementation also uses page code 80h on each
controller, multiple serial numbers are presented to VDS. This behavior
causes VDS to fail.
RESOLUTION
When you install this hotfix, the page checks are not performed. Therefore,
unique serial numbers are used.

--
Best Regards
Hussein.A.E.Musa