Velocity Reviews

-   -   MCDST Charter (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t655572-mcdst-charter.html)

Lee 04-04-2005 07:58 PM

MCDST Charter

Any one passed recently and got MCDST Charter? i'm sitting my 2nd test
next week and just wondered if the 5000 has been hit as the web site
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp is showing 4,051 as
at February 14, 2005.

Lee

04-04-2005 10:51 PM

MCDST Charter

Hi Lee,

I've seen the same info as you, and just passed the 271
and 272 (today), so I'll post whether or not I get it.
Considering the fact that MCDST has been available since
last year, and since then only 4,051 have attained it
since, I'd say the chances are pretty good. Who knows.
I've got my fingers crossed!

Good luck on the exam!

-R

Steve Wicker 04-05-2005 01:23 AM

Re: MCDST Charter

Hi Guys,

I passed the other month, still waiting on 2nd certificate. What do you mean
by getting Charter and why is 5000 so important?

Jason 04-05-2005 05:41 AM

Re: MCDST Charter

Whe Microsoft releases a new certification, the first 5000 to meet the
standard are considered Charter members. In the past this has been a very
cool feather in the cap due to the significance of being "on the cutting
edge". Once 5000 people have passed the qualifying exams, the charter
status is removed, and it's not included on certificates.

In the past this has meant that the individual has prepared for this exam
pretty much on their own, without a lot of external study materials or
assistance. With the onset of the new technologies in learning trends and
study materials (online and print guides, not to mention boot camps and
braindumps), this "charter status" does not carry the same weight it used
to. Especially given that this exam covers materials that have technically
been available for 3 years now. If it was a more advanced cert, it might
carry more weight, but at this level it is basically bragging rights...for
whatever that is worth.

Dave 04-06-2005 07:16 PM

Re: MCDST Charter

"Jason" <jason_anderson2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Whe Microsoft releases a new certification, the first 5000 to meet the
> standard are considered Charter members. In the past this has been a very
> cool feather in the cap due to the significance of being "on the cutting
> edge". Once 5000 people have passed the qualifying exams, the charter
> status is removed, and it's not included on certificates.
>
> In the past this has meant that the individual has prepared for this exam
> pretty much on their own, without a lot of external study materials or
> assistance. With the onset of the new technologies in learning trends and
> study materials (online and print guides, not to mention boot camps and
> braindumps), this "charter status" does not carry the same weight it used
> to. Especially given that this exam covers materials that have
> technically been available for 3 years now. If it was a more advanced
> cert, it might carry more weight, but at this level it is basically
> bragging rights...for whatever that is worth.

<snip>
I agree with Jason, it's not worth worrying about at all. I happen to have
a "chartered" MCDST but there again, I actually have *real* chartered status
anyway.