Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   MCDST (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f49-mcdst.html)
-   -   How to list MCP/MCDST on Resume (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t655518-how-to-list-mcp-mcdst-on-resume.html)

Forrest Greenberg 03-08-2005 03:57 PM

How to list MCP/MCDST on Resume
 
All,

I was just wondering how these Certifications should be
listed on my resume.

I passed my first MCDST exam, so now I am a MCP.

Once I pass my second exam, I will be a MCDST.

As Microsoft sends two different Certificates for both of
these "conditions" would it be acceptable to put both on
my resume?

Exp:

Computer Certifications:

Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician, 2005
Microsoft Certified Professional, 2005
Network+, 2005
A+, 2004

Or would I just list the MCDST, and drop the MCP?

Thanks,

Forrest

T-Bone 03-08-2005 05:55 PM

Re: How to list MCP/MCDST on Resume
 
"Forrest Greenberg" <fgreenberg@houston.rr.com> wrote
> I was just wondering how these Certifications should be
> listed on my resume.
>
> I passed my first MCDST exam, so now I am a MCP.


Being a MCDST implies that you are already a MCP. However, just to make sure
your resume gets past the HR filters, it would probably be advisable to
mention both.

T-Bone
MCNGP XL



Forrest Greenberg 03-09-2005 01:50 PM

Re: How to list MCP/MCDST on Resume
 
Thanks for the reply T-Bone.

Guess once I get more Certs. I can drop it, but in the
meantime, can use it for filler, and to get past the HR as
you mention.


>-----Original Message-----
>"Forrest Greenberg" <fgreenberg@houston.rr.com> wrote
>> I was just wondering how these Certifications should be
>> listed on my resume.
>>
>> I passed my first MCDST exam, so now I am a MCP.

>
>Being a MCDST implies that you are already a MCP.

However, just to make sure
>your resume gets past the HR filters, it would probably

be advisable to
>mention both.
>
>T-Bone
>MCNGP XL
>
>
>.
>


Jason 03-15-2005 03:19 AM

Re: How to list MCP/MCDST on Resume
 
Or, accomplish both by doing the following:

Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST), 2005
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), 2005
Network+, 2005
A+, 2004

"Forrest Greenberg" <fgreenberg@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
news:637301c524ae$e894c320$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Thanks for the reply T-Bone.
>
> Guess once I get more Certs. I can drop it, but in the
> meantime, can use it for filler, and to get past the HR as
> you mention.
>
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>"Forrest Greenberg" <fgreenberg@houston.rr.com> wrote
>>> I was just wondering how these Certifications should be
>>> listed on my resume.
>>>
>>> I passed my first MCDST exam, so now I am a MCP.

>>
>>Being a MCDST implies that you are already a MCP.

> However, just to make sure
>>your resume gets past the HR filters, it would probably

> be advisable to
>>mention both.
>>
>>T-Bone
>>MCNGP XL
>>
>>
>>.
>>





All times are GMT. The time now is 08:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.