Velocity Reviews

-   -   Office 2003 Pro Trial Expired, Help ! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t655193-office-2003-pro-trial-expired-help.html)

litespeed 08-31-2004 06:44 PM

Office 2003 Pro Trial Expired, Help !

The trial CD which came with W. Glenn's book expired
today, Aug 31st. I am not ready to take test 70-272 yet.
Any suggestions here?
Office Pro costs over 400.00 @ amazon.com
I don't want/need/or can afford this.
Could I get by with my studies with the purchase of
the Student and Teacher Edition? It sells on amazon.com
for about 140.00.
Please...........this is a question for someone who knows
the answer.........a course instructor or advanced user
should know this question..........Thank you very much
for your time.............Steve

TBone 08-31-2004 07:48 PM

Re: Office 2003 Pro Trial Expired, Help !

"litespeed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> Please...........this is a question for someone who knows
> the answer.........a course instructor or advanced user
> should know this question..........Thank you very much
> for your time.............Steve

It can also be known by someone who knows how to look it up on the MS web
site. Being as you were already there to post this message.

The student edition is technically the same as the regular edition. I don't
know how/if you have to prove you are a student or teacher to be able to buy
it though.

08-31-2004 11:57 PM

Office 2003 Pro Trial Expired, Help !

I personally would not worry about it. I just took the
70-272 test and I don't think there was one question on any
MS Office apllications. Most of the questions dealt with
IE, Outlook Express, Outlook and Network troubleshooting
and configurations. Hope this helps ease your worries.

John G 09-01-2004 01:09 AM

RE: Office 2003 Pro Trial Expired, Help !

Thats bad advice. why bother studying at all? Dont think your not going to
get any office Questions based on someone else's experience.

"anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

> I personally would not worry about it. I just took the
> 70-272 test and I don't think there was one question on any
> MS Office apllications. Most of the questions dealt with
> IE, Outlook Express, Outlook and Network troubleshooting
> and configurations. Hope this helps ease your worries.

09-01-2004 03:35 AM

RE: Office 2003 Pro Trial Expired, Help !

I was not advisng the person not to study - the individual
still has the text book and practice exams he/she just
won't be able to do the exercises in the book!! Why would
Uncle Bill put out a training kit to prepare people for the
exam and devote two whole chapters to Office 2003
applications and then not ask one question on the exam
regarding any office application?? Before I say anymore,
did you take the exam? If so, what was your take on it and
how many questions did you encounter regarding Office 2003
questions.
PS - to the person who has had the Office 2003 expire, you
can still use it and access some of the menus if you click
on them before the expiration dialog box appears - at least
you can still study doing this - a little bit of a pain,
but it may help.