Velocity Reviews

-   -   271 and 272: Also MCSA Elecs? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t654799-271-and-272-also-mcsa-elecs.html)

Cert Follower 02-04-2004 01:13 AM

271 and 272: Also MCSA Elecs?

I've heard that the mcdst exams are also mcsa electives.
I can't find that info on the ms site. can anyone verify?

Larry Samuels 02-04-2004 01:39 AM

Re: 271 and 272: Also MCSA Elecs?

Not the exams--the MCDST _certification_ can be used as the elective for
MCSA for 2000 or 2003.

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm

Vince 02-04-2004 02:48 PM

Re: 271 and 272: Also MCSA Elecs?

My transcript says I am MCDST, but dont say MCSA.

I have 210,215,218, and now 271,272.

should the mcdst count as mcsa elecitive and make me MCSA?
whats the deal? why dont it show up as mcsa also?

Chris 02-04-2004 03:09 PM

Re: 271 and 272: Also MCSA Elecs?

If you just got your score from Vue, you will have to wait a few hours to
about a day. I tested with Prometric and I got my pass, then about half a
day later MCDST showed up on my transcript and then finally about a day
after that MCSA. I have passed the same tests, so I can verify that passing
the ones you have makes you an MCSA.

Chris

David 02-06-2004 07:31 PM

Re: 271 and 272: Also MCSA Elecs?

Same here. I've been going down the MCSE track and passed
everything but 219, 220 and 216.
After passing 271 and 272 I got a congrats email saying i
am a MCDST. Then the next day I got an email saying I am
MCSA.

What's weird is I thought 216 was a core test for MCSA so
i dunno how that works.

neato!

Chris 02-06-2004 07:44 PM

Re: 271 and 272: Also MCSA Elecs?

The core tests for MCSA are 210 (or 270), 215, and 218.

Chris