Velocity Reviews

-   -   MCDST Question for all (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t654724-mcdst-question-for-all.html)

Shelby Meyer 01-15-2004 01:44 AM

MCDST Question for all

I already hold a number of certifications (see below). I was wondering if I
would have enough knowledge to pass the MCDST exams. (I wasn't invited to
do a beta exam). I am asking because there aren't any practice exams
available for me to evaluate myself. I want to make sure I have the
knowledge to pass before I spend the money to take the exams.

--
Shelby Meyer
Meyer Computer Consulting

Larry Samuels 01-15-2004 01:59 AM

Re: MCDST Question for all

Hi Shelby,

The key to MCDST isn't the certs you hold, it is how much experience do you
have with Windows XP and supporting users with desktop apps.

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at

Shelby Meyer 01-15-2004 02:35 AM

Re: MCDST Question for all

I've been a network admin for 14 years and currently own my own consulting
business. Does that count? :)

Shelby Meyer 01-15-2004 02:46 AM

Re: MCDST Question for all

Have you taken the test yourself and passed?

Larry Samuels 01-15-2004 03:08 AM

Re: MCDST Question for all

I passed 271--no one has the results of 272 yet.

Larry Samuels 01-15-2004 03:10 AM

Re: MCDST Question for all

Definitely!!
If you are used to supporting users on XP you should have no major problems
with the exams.

Neil Simpson 01-15-2004 10:15 AM

Re: MCDST Question for all

Shelby Meyer wrote:
> I've been a network admin for 14 years and currently own my own
> consulting business. Does that count? :)

Depends what you are consulting in:)!

--
Regards
Neil

rcmsellers 01-16-2004 07:23 PM

Re: MCDST Question for all

Shelby,

I have the same certs that you have and unfortunately I
failed the beta. It was not actually a hard exam, just
there were a lot of 2 answer questions and of course you
had to pick the best one.

Good Luck.