Velocity Reviews

-   -   Is MCAD still worthwhile (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t654545-is-mcad-still-worthwhile.html)

David 01-04-2008 09:09 PM

Is MCAD still worthwhile

I am thinking about certification, I have never done any certs in MS
technology. Have got lots of experience with lots of high level language have
been using C for a long time did a lot of OO at university (7 years ago) but
in a bit of a dead end job now and would like to enhance my career by
learning C# .net and associated technologies stream cert. However is
VS2003/.net1.1 still valid or should I consider another (more up to date)
cert? I was hoping to get it done in about a year with home study. Any advice
welcome.
Cheers

Simon Hart [MVP] 01-06-2008 11:25 PM

RE: Is MCAD still worthwhile

Hi David,

Start looking at MCTS and MCPD certs which target .NET 2.0. .NET 3.0 and
..NET 3.5 are not released yet.
--
Simon Hart
Visual Developer - Device Application Development MVP

David 01-07-2008 09:52 PM

RE: Is MCAD still worthwhile

Thank you Simon,

Now I look at the MCTS route, I think this is the right way to go for me.

Cheers
David