Velocity Reviews

-   -   Using mySQl with .Net Compact Framework (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t653776-using-mysql-with-net-compact-framework.html)

den 2005 08-31-2005 11:49 PM

Using mySQl with .Net Compact Framework

Hi Everybody,
I am new at this group/forum. I am a .Net Programmer from Manila,
Philippines.
I like to ask anyone who can help me how to use mySQL database in
programming Visual Studio .Net Smart Device Application (.Net Compact
Framework). Specific question is it seems the System.Data namespace at this
application does not have the ODBC or OleDB namespace classes/objects. It
offers only for MS SQL CE. How can I go around this to be able to access and
do data processing with mySQL with .Net Compact Framework? Thanks

den 2005

--
MCP Year 2005, Philippines

Stephan Steiner 09-13-2005 02:42 PM

Re: Using mySQl with .Net Compact Framework

That's not really a certification question, is it?

You might want to look at either the .NET connector available at the mysql
site, or mysqldrivercs. I'm not using the CF anymore, but I'm using the
latter driver quite extensively.

Cheers
Stephan <not yet an MCAD yet but working hard on it>