Velocity Reviews

-   -   BREAKING NEWS: MCP Program Takes New Road in September ... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t653732-breaking-news-mcp-program-takes-new-road-in-september.html)

Raja 07-16-2005 02:44 PM

BREAKING NEWS: MCP Program Takes New Road in September ...

Check out http://tinyurl.com/8ergr on MCP Magazine's site !

--
Check out www.dotnethangar.com for exam books !

Egghead 07-16-2005 03:37 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: MCP Program Takes New Road in September ...

thanks!!!
Ok, my q now is that is it the same to get from MCAD to MCSD so that I can
take the Enterprise App Dev on the new one?
Anyway, we need to c the ttl exams from start to the end on the new path.
Egghead

Raja 07-16-2005 06:03 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: MCP Program Takes New Road in September ...

This is what I understand from the Upgrade Path slide. If you're currently a
MCSD, then taking 2 exams will make you an Enterprise Application Developer.
But, that may not be the case for moving from a MCAD. My guess is, there
would be more than 2 upgrade exams to move to the Enterprise Application
Developer level. We will have to wait and see !

Another thing mentioned in the article is "According to Valvano, Microsoft
will follow tradition, releasing exams for SQL Server 2005 and Visual Studio
2005 about 45 days after the release of the products to the general public".
This should put the beta exams in the mid to end December timeframe.

Sean 07-19-2005 04:16 AM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: MCP Program Takes New Road in September ...

the chart they have on this article makes it pretty clear.

MCAD -> 1 exam either windows or Web track
MCSD -> 2 exams which most likely will be bot Windows and Web

So I bet anything that MCSD will not have to take 70-300 type exam over nor
the elective exam.

I also heard that the upgrade exams will assume you already know 1.1 so
MAYBE they will not be so friggin hard...

Kind of puts MCAD folks (currently me) in a bind. If your Windows can you
get a Web job. If you are Web can you get a Windows job..kind of sucks.

Given my background and what I want to do I would pick windows.

Egghead 07-19-2005 04:57 AM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: MCP Program Takes New Road in September ...

I mean how the path from MCAD to Enterpise APplication developer or from
those windows/web developer to enterpise app developer.
Unless the Enterpise app developer has 7 exams, it is really suck.
Egghead