Velocity Reviews

-   -   Do you have tipps for tricky questions? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t653607-do-you-have-tipps-for-tricky-questions.html)

George 05-20-2005 10:32 AM

Do you have tipps for tricky questions?

Hallo,

I am learning for the 70-306 (VB.NET) exam and reach at
the test skill assesments about 70 percent.

Some questions are easy for me, some of them I found very
tricky.

For example the following from the microsoft site.

You are developing a Microsoft(R) Visual Basic(R) .NET
Windows(R) application for one of your clients. You want
to design a custom control that extends the functionality
of an existing Windows TextBox control.

Select the tasks that you must perform to develop your
custom control. (Choose all that apply.)

1. Add the user control from the Microsoft Visual Studio
(R) .NET Project menu.
2. Override the OnPaint event of the Control class.
3. Use Microsoft Paint to draw the user interface for the
new control.
4. Use GDI+ to draw the user interface for the new control.
5. Inherit the custom control from the
System.Windows.Forms.TextBox class.
6. Override the MouseMove event of the Control class.

Questions 1 and 3 do not apply, because you must inherti
from the custom control (question 5).

Regarding to the microsoft press book you must know add
the functionally to the derived control, e.g. an handler
for filtering only numeric inputs.

But in this questions the additional functionality is not
specifed enough for me. Should the control be enhaced with
graphical functionality, than questions 2 and 4 applies.

What are you thinking about this question? How to resolve
such question, where the details in the question is not
enough for me.

Thanks a lot and forgive me my grammer *g*

Saga 05-20-2005 02:32 PM

Re: Do you have tipps for tricky questions?

The question specifically says to enhance the functionality
of the textbox control. This does not in any way imply that
you'll need graphical methods. Also, the proposed answer
says use GDI to draw the user interface. You might and
could use GDI t odraw on the user interface, but you usually
don't need it to draw the user interface and in the case of
it being a textbox, well, that is even required less.

If you let your imagination go, you could justify using Paint
to make a graphic that will be placed in the UI, but the
question only states "text box functionality" so whatever
will be done in this control, the user interface will be a textbox
with added code.

Good luck!
Saga

George 05-21-2005 07:23 PM

Re: Do you have tipps for tricky questions?

Hallo Saga,

thanks a lot for your hints.

I believe also that only one questions apply, because I
have read the last days about the text box, that it has
not a paint event or OnPaint that can be overritten,
because the form does draw the text box.

Could this be the meaning of the questions?

Or is the OnPaint method something other than the paint
event?

Thanks a lot

George!

Rolie 05-24-2005 03:40 AM

Re: Do you have tipps for tricky questions?

FYI

When i took my exam, there is no such question
that has (Choose all that apply.) If multiple answers are
required it will be labeled as (Choose two) or (Choose 3).
I think this type is much easier.