Velocity Reviews

-   -   Which one should I take? C# or VB.NET (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t653520-which-one-should-i-take-c-or-vb-net.html)

kieran 04-25-2005 05:41 PM

Which one should I take? C# or VB.NET

Hi,
Can you suggest me which language I should take for my
mcad? C# or VB.NET?

Ken

Cindy Winegarden 04-25-2005 10:34 PM

Re: Which one should I take? C# or VB.NET

Hi Ken,

What's your background? What job do you have or want to have? Does either
language just plain look ugly? (Hate curly braces? Hate VB verbosity?)

The exams really aren't about the language but rather about the .NET
framework.

--
Cindy Winegarden MCSD, Microsoft Visual Foxpro MVP
cindy_winegarden@msn.com www.cindywinegarden.com

ken 04-25-2005 11:41 PM

Re: Which one should I take? C# or VB.NET

I'm VB6 certified. I think i need to get .NET certified in
order to stay competitive in the IT job market. I'm
currently having a job as a VB6/Access programmer.

I don't know much about Java and C++. I read some material
on C#. I understand OOP. Thanks for your opinion.

Ken

~Maheshkumar.R 04-26-2005 05:51 AM

Re: Which one should I take? C# or VB.NET

Exactly,
If you are from C/C++/Java background - C# will be easy to pick up
If you are from gui based programming background say VB/foxpro - VB.NEt will
be easy to pick

Both are powerful language in .NET. So its all depends how you are looking
from outside...
Mahes
http://space.msn.com/members/cyberiafreak