Velocity Reviews

-   -   C# & VB (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t653108-c-and-vb.html)

Tim 12-08-2004 03:05 PM

C# & VB

Has anyone either considered or completed a certification
in both C# & VB? I am considering doing this on some
exams like 70-305 & 70-315.

I passed 70-305 but it does not seem like the C# exam
would be completely different. I also would like to
appear more "language independent" for future employment
opportunities and I did not know if passing an exam in
both languages would assist.

Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.

Pete B. 12-08-2004 03:55 PM

RE: C# & VB

I don't think it will make such a difference in the eyes of employers, after
all it's all .Net, one person proficient in C# shouldn't have much trouble
working with VB.Net and vice versa.
Also if you do 70-305 and 70-315 they will count as one credit towards MCAD
or MCSD, it will be a better idea to do 70-305 and 70-316 or something along
those lines.

Tim 12-08-2004 04:21 PM

RE: C# & VB

That is a good idea Pete. I agree with what you are
saying that a semi-decent IT shop should know the close
correlation between the two languages. I might go for the
70-316 next to not waste my time on taking exams that do
not count towards and MCAD or MCSD.

Thanks for you input.

comp sci kid 12-09-2004 06:59 PM

Re: C# & VB

most employers think that c# is a lot more valuable although vb.net is
virtually the same.

i know c# fairly well, but not vb.net. however, i think i can learn the
vb.net syntax pretty quickly.

hth