Velocity Reviews

-   -   best way to prepare for 70-229??? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t653050-best-way-to-prepare-for-70-229-a.html)

comp sci kid 11-11-2004 02:37 AM

best way to prepare for 70-229???

any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

owen 11-11-2004 08:37 AM

Re: best way to prepare for 70-229???

"comp sci kid" <ddouglas@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:Oj3bEg5xEHA.1956@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> any suggestions?
>
> thanks in advance.

I've been using the MS self paced trainign kit. It's pretty comprehensive
and the practice questions are good at highlighting your weak areas,
although I've heard the real questions are harder.

BTW I've got my exam next tuesday and I'm absolutely bricking it ;o)

Owen

comp sci kid 11-11-2004 12:42 PM

Re: best way to prepare for 70-229???

i bought the M$ self-paced books for 70-315 & 70-320. i passed both exams,
but the books weren't very helpful towards my preparation. however, they
make good references (or doorstops).

Felipe Dalorzo M. 11-12-2004 02:45 PM

best way to prepare for 70-229???

This exam is one of the hardest I've seen. I do not
recomend you Measure Up to practice. Look for a training
kit from Trascender it is one of the most similar to the
exam.
I study with this book,
MCSE SQL ServerT 2000 Database Design and Implementation
By Thomas Moore
There's a lot of things that come in the exam that are
just mentioned in this book. But I think it covers the
most important subject of the exam and very well explained.

comp sci kid 11-13-2004 03:14 AM

Re: best way to prepare for 70-229???

thanks for the tips.

i used transcender to prepare for 70-315 & 70-320 (both of which i passed on
the first attempt) and i found it to be extremely helpful.

Levi Rosol 11-21-2004 06:36 AM

Re: best way to prepare for 70-229???

I am using the transcender Flash to prepare for this exam (my first). My
reasoning behind using the flash is that instead of multiple choice, I am
forced to come up with text answers, therefore, reinforce the information in
my head.

It's my opinion that using practice exams, where you are presented with
multiple choice, like the real thing, don;t teach you as much since you can
narrow down the answers.

Oh, and for the areas I find myself being weak in, I am using the MS Press
book.

Doing 305 on Dec 1, and 229 on dec 6. Hope all goes well :-)

--
Thanks
Levi Rosol

Find Cheap .Net Server Controls At: