Velocity Reviews

-   -   70-229 next tuesday (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t653040-70-229-next-tuesday.html)

owen 11-09-2004 04:34 PM

70-229 next tuesday

very nervous !

i've only studied the official ms book (and accompanying prep questions),
will that see me through?

Owen

Saga 11-09-2004 09:28 PM

Re: 70-229 next tuesday

What do you know about SQL Server?
Have you read the Books On Line?
Have you done any practice tests?

Good luck!
Saga

owen 11-10-2004 11:03 AM

Re: 70-229 next tuesday

"Saga" <antiSpam@somewhere.com> wrote in message

> What do you know about SQL Server?

A fair bit. By no means an 'expert' though and I've hardly used it very
much in practice. I'd say I know the basics and then some.

> Have you read the Books On Line?

Bits 'n' peices.

> Have you done any practice tests?

Done the one that comes with the official MS study guide... 'Readiness
Review?'

(got 80%).

Also the 10-question Transcender demo. (would like the full thing though!)

> Good luck!
> Saga

Thanks
Owen

owen 11-10-2004 01:56 PM

Re: 70-229 next tuesday

"owen" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> very nervous !
>
> i've only studied the official ms book (and accompanying prep questions),
> will that see me through?
>

> Owen

BTW, any suggestions of *FREE* demo / practice exams gratefully received.

(and no, I dont mean braindumps so don't flame me thanks)

Owen

comp sci kid 11-11-2004 12:48 PM

Re: 70-229 next tuesday

i don't wanna scare you, but 80% isn't a very good score for a practice
exam. the "real" exams tend to be much more difficult than the practice
exams.

owen 11-11-2004 03:06 PM

Re: 70-229 next tuesday

"comp sci kid" <a@b.com> wrote in message
> i don't wanna scare you, but 80% isn't a very good score for a practice
> exam. the "real" exams tend to be much more difficult than the practice
> exams.

Yep. Like I said, I'm bricking it ;o(

Owen

comp sci kid 11-12-2004 12:42 AM

Re: 70-229 next tuesday

you have the option to reschedule.

owen 11-19-2004 11:32 AM

Re: 70-229 next tuesday

"comp sci kid" <a@b.com> wrote in message
> i don't wanna scare you, but 80% isn't a very good score for a practice
> exam. the "real" exams tend to be much more difficult than the practice
> exams.

Well, I passed (just barely). I must admit I found the exam questions
relatively simple, I thought it was quite easy and was surprised by my poor
score!

Owen

comp sci kid 11-21-2004 08:32 AM

Re: 70-229 next tuesday

it seems that the exam was more difficult or tricky that you thought it was.

a lot of answers that look correct are actually wrong.