Velocity Reviews

-   -   All you wanted to know about MCP/ MCAD / MCSD but where afraid to ask (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t652797-all-you-wanted-to-know-about-mcp-mcad-mcsd-but-where-afraid-to-ask.html)

Hermit Dave 08-28-2004 05:43 PM

All you wanted to know about MCP/ MCAD / MCSD but where afraid to ask

Kline and Jar are the only people i reckon who have read the FAQs in past
but what the heck... here it goes. Will try to update with a few extra links

if you are a beginner and think that MCAD or MCSD will look good on you !!!
hold you guns... lapel pins okay... but i havent used it till date..
get yourself .net sdk at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&DisplayLang=en

for info on visual studio
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/

if you to try the new Visual studio 2005 tools.. express products are here
just for you.. help yourself.
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/

Now one you know in's and out's of programming ... on to certification..

Basic info on what MCP/MCAD/MCSD is
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/

pointers to the right places...
MCP.. you give one exam you become MCP
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/default.asp

MCAD.. do 3 select MCP exmas and you become MCAD
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/default.asp

MCSD.. do all the required MCPs for a particular stream and you become MCSD
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/default.asp

For .NET certification(s) MCP/ MCAD/ MCSD:
you have 55 questions
passing score is 700 of 1000
its a 2 hour exam (plus 15 mins for tutorial + 15 for comments)
it costs 103.something GBP in uk...
you can find out the cost for your country at
www.2test.com

Also... you can take the exam in any order.. start with elective or a core
MCP.
the only requirement is that you do the least number of MCPs required for
your cert

If you program in C#.. get Amit Kalani's stuff... its not too bad... infact
i am doing my 70-320 with this book and it all looks good so far.

if you want MS training material...
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/Books/default.asp

Please dont request dumps and or training material or information to be
emailed to you. if you are smart enough to finish a newsgroup to spam then
please remember that google is your best friend. first find out what mcad /
mcsd is.

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)

Lateralus [MCAD] 08-29-2004 02:24 AM

Re: All you wanted to know about MCP/ MCAD / MCSD but where afraid to ask

I couldn't have said it better!

--
Lateralus [MCAD]

M Bandu 09-21-2004 07:49 PM

Re: All you wanted to know about MCP/ MCAD / MCSD but where afraid to ask

Is there any time limit to pass all the exam?

thanks

Hermit Dave 09-21-2004 08:22 PM

Re: All you wanted to know about MCP/ MCAD / MCSD but where afraid to ask

well before microsoft retires them ofcourse :)
they generally annouce the exams retiring in around July / August every
year.. so just keep an eye on that

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)

Hermit Dave 09-21-2004 08:23 PM

Re: All you wanted to know about MCP/ MCAD / MCSD but where afraid to ask

just replied to your post on MCSD NG and wow.. you actually browsed all the
way to find the post...
I am impressed...

Hermit Dave 09-21-2004 08:29 PM

Re: All you wanted to know about MCP/ MCAD / MCSD but where afraid to ask

now that actually makes me feel very very stupid... lol... check the list
before actually hitting Send.. Damn Me

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave