Velocity Reviews

-   -   Question on 306 (VB.Net for Windows) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t652594-question-on-306-vb-net-for-windows.html)

Jon 07-06-2004 04:19 AM

Question on 306 (VB.Net for Windows)

Hi everyone - I am new to programming and am cramming
pretty much full time to get an MCAD. I'm about ready to
schedule athe 306 exam. I've been through a couple C++
books (one .NET and one pure C++) and am now learning VB.
I'm getting pretty comfortable with coding and with some
of the .NET features, but I was wondering -- do I need to
be familiar with a lot of stuff outside of that, like
SQL, ADO and all the other acronyms, for this exam? Also,
how obscure do they get with like asking about certain
methods/properties in .net libraries? Would really help
too to know if it is generally all multiple choice??
Haven't really been able to figure that out for sure by
reading postings - do they make you write small programs
or anything? Thanks a lot!

Jon 07-07-2004 04:30 AM

RE: Question on 306 (VB.Net for Windows)

Thanks a lot Diana - that was really helpful! I definitely might check out that Exam Cram Book - although I did already buy the MS Press study book too... C-ya

Sharon 07-07-2004 07:47 PM

RE: Question on 306 (VB.Net for Windows)

I also recommend the Transcendor practice test in addition
to the Exam Cram book. I found both helpful.