Velocity Reviews

-   -   Should I pursue the MCAD? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t652522-should-i-pursue-the-mcad.html)

Steve 06-05-2004 02:46 PM

Should I pursue the MCAD?

I'm a C++ developer with 5 years experience on NT and
UNIX...out of work for the last 2 years. I was thinking
about getting the MCAD with a C# focus, then landing some
online freelance work to gain the experience prior to land
a full-time position. Any words of advice or
encouragement? Thanks.

Disillusioned_01 06-05-2004 04:33 PM

Re: Should I pursue the MCAD?

I feel you may better of turning to Linux...
so as to say maximising your leverage on stuff you alrady know

Simon 06-06-2004 01:02 PM

Should I pursue the MCAD?

It would certainly help. I see many C# posts asking for
previous C++ experience - something that I don't have. So
that would put you into a very strong position before you
start.

IT job market seems to be picking up now here in the UK.
Where are you based?

Simon.