Velocity Reviews

-   -   Is there a way to verify wireless router connection (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t6525-is-there-a-way-to-verify-wireless-router-connection.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Uko=?= 05-18-2005 04:10 AM

Is there a way to verify wireless router connection

My setup: cable broadband to a dlink router. Supports 3 computers, 2 wired, 1
wireless. No issues with the wired connections. With the wireless connection,
for some reason I don't get a correct IP address from the router. I only get
a 169.254.xxx.xxx address, which means that I never got a legal address from
my router. I originally was running WPA-PSK, but took out all security to
just verify that I can get a connection.. No luck. The wireless dialog box
shows the SSID of my router. I click on connect, and it provides the
'acquiring network address' message for a while and then connects with the
169.254.xxx.xxx address. I thought it might be the dhcp on the router not
handing out ip addresses, but it works with the wired connections.. Any
suggestions as to what the next step should be?

thanks in advance

Jack 05-18-2005 01:03 PM

Re: Is there a way to verify wireless router connection

Hi
Jack (MVP-Networking).