Velocity Reviews

-   -   ms press book for exam 70-320 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t652485-ms-press-book-for-exam-70-320-a.html)

Darren Guy 05-26-2004 01:37 PM

ms press book for exam 70-320

Hi All

going thru the labs in the ms press book for exam 70-320.

However I am using the .net framework 1.1, so I am having trouble getting
the remoting examples to work.

Chapter 4 .NET Remoting, I have changed the .config files so that the client
application now runs, but the messages are broadcast back to the user
submitted the chat, and not to all other clients. Even using the files
supplied on the cd dont work.

The changes i made to central.config, and cleint.config are listed below.

Modified the central.config file
<configuration>
<system.runtime.remoting>
<application>
<channels>
<channel ref="http" port="8080">
<serverProviders>
<provider ref="wsdl">
<formatter ref="soap" typeFilterLevel="Full" />
<formatter ref="binary" typeFilterLevel="Full" />
</provider>
</serverProviders>
<clientProviders>
<formatter ref="binary" />
</clientProviders>
</channel>
</channels>
<service>
<wellknown
mode="Singleton"
type="ChatCoordinator, ChatCoordinator"
objectUri="Chat"
/>
</service>
</application>
</system.runtime.remoting>
</configuration>

I have modified the client.config file to the following:

<configuration>
<system.runtime.remoting>
<application>
<channels>
<channel ref="http" port="0">
<clientProviders>
<formatter ref="binary" />
</clientProviders>
<serverProviders>
<formatter ref="binary" typeFilterLevel="Full" />
</serverProviders>
</channel>
<client>
<wellknown
type="ChatCoordinator, ChatCoordinator"
url="http://localhost:8080/Chat"
/>
</client>
</channels>
</application>
</system.runtime.remoting>
</configuration>

Also having problems with the lab in chapter 5, ut i nthis case have no idea
where to include the typeFilterLevel info.

I have checked the mspress website, there are no corrections etc for the
book that are related to version 1.1 of the .net framework.

If anybody could help me out here, most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Darren

Glenn Haworth 06-05-2004 05:17 PM

Re: ms press book for exam 70-320

Hi,

I had the same problem but found some useful info here ->
http://www.thinkdotnet.com/default.a...ic&TopicID=149

I then changed my client config (Client.config) to :-

<configuration>
<system.runtime.remoting>
<application>
<client>
<wellknown type="ChatCoordinator, ChatCoordinator"
url="http://localhost:8080/Chat" />
</client>
<channels>
<channel ref="http" port="0">
<serverProviders>
<formatter ref="binary" typeFilterLevel="Full" />
</serverProviders>
<clientProviders>
<formatter ref="binary" />
</clientProviders>
</channel>
</channels>
</application>
</system.runtime.remoting>
</configuration>

And my server config (Central.config) to :-

<configuration>
<system.runtime.remoting>
<application>
<service>
<wellknown mode="Singleton" type="ChatCoordinator,
ChatCoordinator" objectUri="Chat" />
</service>
<channels>
<channel ref="http" port="8080">
<serverProviders>
<formatter ref="binary" typeFilterLevel="Full" />
</serverProviders>
<clientProviders>
<formatter ref="binary" />
</clientProviders>
</channel>
</channels>
</application>
</system.runtime.remoting>
</configuration>

I have had multiple clients connected to the chat server and all clients
receive the broadcasts.

As yet I haven't got to chapter 5!

Glenn.

Darren Guy 06-09-2004 09:18 AM

Re: ms press book for exam 70-320

Glenn

Thanks for that, finally got it working.

right now going thru the 70-315 book, will come back to the ch5 labs later.
If get a solution will post it here,