Velocity Reviews

-   -   BootCamps (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t652442-bootcamps.html)

jason 05-12-2004 10:56 PM

BootCamps

Has anyone had/heard of any positive/negative experiences
with an MCAD bootcamp? I would be looking at attending
one in the western united states and was wondering if
anyone knew of any good training centres.

Thanks!

Eric 05-14-2004 04:36 PM

Re: BootCamps

jason wrote:

> Has anyone had/heard of any positive/negative experiences
> with an MCAD bootcamp? I would be looking at attending
> one in the western united states and was wondering if
> anyone knew of any good training centres.

I can't recommend one, but I can give you some good advice. Most
reputable boot camps do these things:

1) They screen people and only take people who can show some experience
already
or
2) They don't guarantee that you'll pass at the end of the class

If they don't screen people, and they DO give you a guarantee that
you'll pass at the end of the class, then they're either trying to
deceive you, or they're teaching you the test directly (against the
rules imposed by Microsoft).

If they do guarantee that you'll pass, the terms of their guarantee
normally don't include a full refund. They normally just refund the
cost of the test, and not the cost of the class (which is much higher).

An example: You pay for a class that costs $2000 (or more), you might
have to pay for plane fare and hotel expenses, you fail the test, then
they refund $125 for the test.

Even if you fail it a couple times and they refund each time, they can
still make a big profit.

Be careful about the guarantee!

Eric