Velocity Reviews

-   -   Getting a job is so difficult???? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t652328-getting-a-job-is-so-difficult.html)

04-01-2004 08:00 PM

Getting a job is so difficult????

Chicago....

Eric 04-02-2004 03:35 PM

Re: Getting a job is so difficult????

> Chicago....

I like Chicago, and the Midwest in general, but I have to say the
payscale tends to be lower there than in other parts of the country.

I applied for a senior position at John Deere once (kind of close to
Chicago), and I was appauled at their low pay scale. I did some
checking after that and I found that offer they made me wasn't abnormal
for that area.

I ended up moving to Atlanta. The advantage here is that we have a low
cost of living, and the pay is higher. The pay here isn't super high
like it is in california or the NorthEast, but your costs are much
lower, so your overall spending power is very good.

If I didn't pick Atlanta, I'd consider the big cities in Texas. They
have a similarly good cost vs. pay ratio.

But I wouldn't say other areas in the South are so favorable. You have
to compare the pay with the cost of living to see how well it comes out.