Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to prepare for MCAD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t652202-how-to-prepare-for-mcad.html)

Neelam 02-04-2004 07:52 PM

How to prepare for MCAD

Hi,

I am planning to appear for MCAD exams. I am already a
Computer Engg familiar with ASP and VB. I would like to
know which core exam nos and elective exam no are
suitable for me.

I have no idea about .Net. As a beginner how should i
start with. Which sites and books should i refer to. i
don't have the.ent freamework installed on my PC. can i
get a free version on the site where i can download from.
Also not aware of what exactly is needed to install on
PC.On Microsoft.com download link u have variety of .net
stuff to download but what exactly i should download i
don't understand i am bit confused. can u plz suggest me
some good books and sites. Also i could get the Fee
structure details of the MCAD exam Can u plz tell me the
site name where i can get the fee details.

Where can i find the sample test patterns. what is the
passing criteria for each exam. total how many questions
each exam contain and time alloted for each exam.

plz help me.

Thanks.

Hermit Dave 02-04-2004 08:01 PM

Re: How to prepare for MCAD

one post is good enough.. we can hear ya...

Basic info on what MCP/MCAD/MCSD is
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/

pointers to the right places...
MCP.. you give one exam you become MCP
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/default.asp

MCAD.. do 3 select MCP exmas and you become MCAD
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/default.asp

MCSD.. do all the required MCPs for a particular stream and you become MCSD
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/default.asp

Note: This is a newsgroup. We are here to help you with issues with
MCAD/MCSD
we are not here to send you dumps or tell you where to find them... if you
have technical questions we will be more than glad to help you out...
we do not email any newsletters. or material as a matter of fact

you can find info on how to prepare at http://www.microsoft.com

For .NET certification(s) MCP/ MCAD/ MCSD:
you have 55 questions
passing score is 700 of 1000
its a 2 hour exam (plus 15 mins for tutorial + 15 for comments)
it costs 103.something GBP in uk...
you can find out the cost for your country at
www.2test.com

Also... you can take the exam in any order.. start with elective or a core
MCP
the only requirement is that you do the least number of MCPs required for
your cert

For starting on .net download the sdk at

and since you dont know a thing bout .NET i would advice you to forget about
certification cause you dont know enough.

--
Regards,
HD