Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to reset the Autonum field? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t652079-how-to-reset-the-autonum-field.html)

Nicolas Boucquey 01-04-2004 11:33 AM

How to reset the Autonum field?

I work with Access 2002. And I want to reset the Autonum
field to deliver my application.
How to reset the Autonum field?
I tried with the method described in the Access Help
pages. This method works fine to intialize the Autonum
field to a greater value but not to reste the value to
Zero.

Many thanks in advance.

Nicolas

Kael V. Dowdy 01-05-2004 05:33 PM

Re: How to reset the Autonum field?

"Nicolas Boucquey" <nicolas.boucquey@skynet.be> wrote in message news:<042a01c3d2b6$9daa4b50$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> I work with Access 2002. And I want to reset the Autonum
> field to deliver my application.
> How to reset the Autonum field?
> I tried with the method described in the Access Help
> pages. This method works fine to intialize the Autonum
> field to a greater value but not to reste the value to
> Zero.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Nicolas

If you purged all records from the table that has the autonumber,
simply compact and repair the table. That will reset the autonumber.
(easy fix!)

Kael MCSD

Kael V. Dowdy 01-05-2004 05:34 PM

Re: How to reset the Autonum field?

"Nicolas Boucquey" <nicolas.boucquey@skynet.be> wrote in message news:<042a01c3d2b6$9daa4b50$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> I work with Access 2002. And I want to reset the Autonum
> field to deliver my application.
> How to reset the Autonum field?
> I tried with the method described in the Access Help
> pages. This method works fine to intialize the Autonum
> field to a greater value but not to reste the value to
> Zero.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Nicolas

Sorry, I meant "...compact and repair the database"