Velocity Reviews

-   -   Web based bug tracking software. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t651854-web-based-bug-tracking-software.html)

Mufasa 01-08-2009 01:56 PM

Web based bug tracking software.

Can anybody suggest good bug tracking software for the web that is either
free or at least cheap.

I need to be able to have users that can add a bug/suggestion and check the
status of a bug. I also need to be able to have different levels of users
that can verify the bug and then process them.

I need a website because I have both PC and Mac users.

TIA - Jeff.

Eliyahu Goldin 01-08-2009 05:19 PM

Re: Web based bug tracking software.

OnTime http://www.axosoft.com/products/ontime.aspx is good and clear in
functionality. It is not free but not expensive. You can interface to it in
different ways, the web interface is quite slow though.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

Gregory A. Beamer 01-08-2009 05:22 PM

Re: Web based bug tracking software.

I have used this project:
http://ifdefined.com/bugtrackernet.html

It is not pretty. It does not have all of the bells and whistles some of the
commercial products have. But, it is free.

here is a list of others you can try:
http://csharp-source.net/open-source/issue-trackers

You can also search on sourceforge.net for bug tracking software. Constrain
to C# if you want .NET open source. The same can be done on codeplex.com.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP: MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Blog:

| Think Outside the Box! |

Marc Scheuner 01-15-2009 07:17 PM

Re: Web based bug tracking software.

>I use fogbugz http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBugz/
>It is not free, but worth the money.

Seconded - FogBugz is so easy and intuitive - it just works! :-) Don't
waste your time on inferior products....

Marc