Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: No FIREFOX help Usenet Newsgroup ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t651791-re-no-firefox-help-usenet-newsgroup.html)

johnn 01-08-2009 02:05 AM

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 01:18:04 GMT, see.my.sig@theBeach.edu (Crash) wrote:

>I scanned all of giganews.com's Usenet Newsgroups for
>"firefox" and found nothing. I was flabbergasted!
>If I were a wagering man, I'd have lost a paycheck.
>
>I did *stumble* onto these two:
>netscape.public.mozilla.browser, alt.fan.mozilla
>...they both give good technical help.
>

>...but I'm unsure they are the best NGs to get
>Firefox help, since the product name is not mentioned,
>and I guess "the best" one could be named anything,
>and I wouldn't know it. Are there any others?
>This name-vagueness also makes it tempting to
>simply always crosspost to both. Is that cool?
>
>It's prolly irrational, but this coyness on
>Mozilla's part does not inspire confidance.
>Don't ask me why.
>
>Thoughts?
>Thanks!

Take a look at the last 50 or 100 posts in this group (alt.fan.mozilla)
and you'll find that many, if not the majority of conversationd deal with Firefox.

So: Ask your questions. I won't (normally) be the one to answer them, because there are people on
this group who have forgotten more about Firefox than I'll ever know . . . .

Good luck!

johnn
"God is dead"
- Nietzsche (1844-1935)