Velocity Reviews

-   -   Going back to the top of the page (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t651271-going-back-to-the-top-of-the-page.html)

Adrian 01-04-2009 07:22 PM

Going back to the top of the page

In this code
some code....

How do I deal with the "back" to go to a new .html or to the top of the
form?
Is the code above ok?

Thanks,
Adrian

Adrian 01-04-2009 07:38 PM

Re: Going back to the top of the page

I have found out how it works. Many thanks.
Adrian.

Jukka K. Korpela 01-04-2009 08:12 PM

Adrian wrote:

> I have found out how it works. Many thanks.

Find. It's an illusion and the whole goal was pointless, but it's good that
you can solve your problems outside this group (and don't wish to share your
assumed solution with others that might have had the same problem).

As usual, I urge you to use the same forged From information as long as you
remain clueless. TIA.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Jani 01-04-2009 09:26 PM

On 4 Jan., 21:12, "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorp...@cs.tut.fi> wrote:
> Adrian wrote:
> > I have found out how it works. Many thanks.

> Find. It's an illusion and the whole goal was pointless, but it's good that
> you can solve your problems outside this group (and don't wish to share your
> assumed solution with others that might have had the same problem).
>
> As usual, I urge you to use the same forged From information as long as you
> remain clueless. TIA.
>
> --
> Yucca,http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

<a style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0;" id="top" name="top"></
a>

.... so the 'style' attribute is not good behaviour?
Better is an external style sheet?
And what refers '#top' to? To the 'id' or to the 'name'?

dorayme 01-04-2009 10:48 PM

Re: Going back to the top of the page

In article
<946f1d05-6567-48ba-b4d0-fb4e707dc63f@f40g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
Jani <faerber.jan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4 Jan., 21:12, "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorp...@cs.tut.fi> wrote:
> > Adrian wrote:
> > > I have found out how it works. Many thanks.

> > Find. It's an illusion and the whole goal was pointless, but it's good that
> > you can solve your problems outside this group (and don't wish to share your
> > assumed solution with others that might have had the same problem).
> >
> > As usual, I urge you to use the same forged From information as long as you
> > remain clueless. TIA.
> >
> > --
> > Yucca,http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

> <a style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0;" id="top" name="top"></
> a>
>
> ... so the 'style' attribute is not good behaviour?
> Better is an external style sheet?
> And what refers '#top' to? To the 'id' or to the 'name'?

Usually, it is better to forget about the whole idea of providing
facilities which your browser and keyboard already provide.

--
dorayme

Chris F.A. Johnson 01-05-2009 02:49 AM

On 2009-01-04, dorayme wrote:
> In article
><946f1d05-6567-48ba-b4d0-fb4e707dc63f@f40g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
> Jani <faerber.jan@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Find. It's an illusion and the whole goal was pointless, but it's good that
>> > you can solve your problems outside this group (and don't wish to share your
>> > assumed solution with others that might have had the same problem).
>> >
>> > As usual, I urge you to use the same forged From information as long as you
>> > remain clueless. TIA.

>> <a style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0;" id="top" name="top"></
>> a>
>>
>> ... so the 'style' attribute is not good behaviour?
>> Better is an external style sheet?
>> And what refers '#top' to? To the 'id' or to the 'name'?

> Usually, it is better to forget about the whole idea of providing
> facilities which your browser and keyboard already provide.

I don't know of a browser that has a top-of-page button.

Author:

dorayme 01-05-2009 03:04 AM

Re: Going back to the top of the page

In article <9376$4961752e$cef88ba3$13816@TEKSAVVY.COM>,
"Chris F.A. Johnson" <cfajohnson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-01-04, dorayme wrote:
> > In article
> ><946f1d05-6567-48ba-b4d0-fb4e707dc63f@f40g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
> > Jani <faerber.jan@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> <a style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0;" id="top" name="top"></
> >> a>
> >>
> >> ... so the 'style' attribute is not good behaviour?
> >> Better is an external style sheet?
> >> And what refers '#top' to? To the 'id' or to the 'name'?

> > Usually, it is better to forget about the whole idea of providing
> > facilities which your browser and keyboard already provide.

> I don't know of a browser that has a top-of-page button.

All my browsers seem to conform to my words (which did not mention
buttons).

--
dorayme

Jonathan N. Little 01-05-2009 03:09 AM

Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

> I don't know of a browser that has a top-of-page button.

Does need one, just hit "home" on your keyboard.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

rf 01-05-2009 03:36 AM

"Chris F.A. Johnson" <cfajohnson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 2009-01-04, dorayme wrote:
>> In article
>><946f1d05-6567-48ba-b4d0-fb4e707dc63f@f40g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
>> Jani <faerber.jan@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> <a style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0;" id="top" name="top"></
>>> a>
>>>
>>> ... so the 'style' attribute is not good behaviour?
>>> Better is an external style sheet?
>>> And what refers '#top' to? To the 'id' or to the 'name'?

>> Usually, it is better to forget about the whole idea of providing
>> facilities which your browser and keyboard already provide.

> I don't know of a browser that has a top-of-page button.

I don't know of one that does not. It's usually called the Home key, over
there ---> under the 7 (on a PC anyway).

Chris F.A. Johnson 01-05-2009 04:11 AM

On 2009-01-05, rf wrote:

> "Chris F.A. Johnson" <cfajohnson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 2009-01-04, dorayme wrote:
>>> In article
>>><946f1d05-6567-48ba-b4d0-fb4e707dc63f@f40g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,

>>> Usually, it is better to forget about the whole idea of providing
>>> facilities which your browser and keyboard already provide.

>> I don't know of a browser that has a top-of-page button.

> I don't know of one that does not. It's usually called the Home key, over
> there ---> under the 7 (on a PC anyway).

And how do you use it with the mouse?

The point of having a top-of-page button is for ease of use, so
that the person using a mouse doesn't have to switch to the
keyboard.

Author: