Velocity Reviews

-   -   deleted my admin account in xp pro (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t650931-deleted-my-admin-account-in-xp-pro.html)

rlbumich 01-02-2009 02:09 AM

deleted my admin account in xp pro

Hi all,

By mistake I deleted my admin account and now I can not add or remove
programs, defrag hd etc. How can I go about installing admin rights?

I am thinking of reinstalling xp? I dont have access now to be able to
start welcome screen due to guest access now.

Thoughts are welcome.

John Barnes 01-02-2009 12:49 PM

Re: deleted my admin account in xp pro

This is a 64-bit group. You may want to post in the XP group. I haven't
used XP in a while, but have you tried running system restore from safe
mode?

Charlie Russel - MVP 01-02-2009 03:22 PM

Re: deleted my admin account in xp pro

Try doing a repair install.

Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64